tough river crossing

jh504

Explorer
Wow, you were really giving that taco hell. I wouldnt have the nerve (or the cash) to take a truck that new into something like that.

zolo

Explorer
The tree did save the day. Cause after that was even uglier. The roof line had a small dent but nothng major.
I tried to come in up river and make it across before the tree and the other major snags in the river but that didnt happen so much......
I did however, after getting my truck to dry dock repair the shore line I tore up after my spinning tires made a mess of it.
This trail is in TN and it is the second time Ive made a river crossing there and had a bit of trouble, it all turned out ok though.

(oh and SID you would have been fine brother,NO worries!)

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Wow. That's some serious flow there. I see that there were already folks on the other side - did they cross the river somewhere else?

zolo

Explorer
No they were in the "starting" side. Im the only foolish snorkel owner and so I tested it, as Ive done once before on this river (up stream the other time) and both times I did the crossing and everyone said come back were not going to make it.
Ahh such is life.
It was a good time we had a newbie on the trip and his eyes are wide open to distance offroad driving now. It was cool.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
It makes a great story, Daniel --- glad you survived...
I prefer a nice bridge or simple stream like we had by camp the other night; I'm too old for serious deep stuff:

Copy2of100_2215.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
It makes a great story, Daniel --- glad you survived...
I prefer a nice bridge or simple stream like we had by camp the other night; I'm too old for serious deep stuff:

Copy2of100_2215.jpg

That looks puddlish at best. I wish I could find videos of me in my 95 Toyota pu bow waving through a canal with no snorkel or a might have had one by then IDR. ANyhow the bow wave was well over the hood like a surfer looking at the backside of a set coming into shore.

Aaron

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That looks puddlish at best.
Aaron
Are you saying that 7" does not a river make??? :snorkel:

It was an admitted poser pic as we were leaving camp. I didn't have to coax Mike into action very hard though.
Everybody loves a poser pic now and then...

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Are you saying that 7" does not a river make??? :snorkel:

It was an admitted poser pic as we were leaving camp. I didn't have to coax Mike into action very hard though.
Everybody loves a poser pic now and then...

I think my humor fails to be expressed when I post, and no in my ipinion 7" does not make a river but a creek or crick if you will. Though if you ask the inland water navigation division they might be able to better asses the correct terminology based on flow. See that was me being funny. Hilldweler if we ever mmet you will soon grasp my sarcastic outlook as I'm pretty laid back and never to serious. Yes as poser shots go its great, he could be racing or outrunning the law I Like it!

Aaron

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I think my humor fails to be expressed when I post, and no in my ipinion 7" does not make a river but a creek or crick if you will. Though if you ask the inland water navigation division they might be able to better asses the correct terminology based on flow. See that was me being funny. Hilldweler if we ever mmet you will soon grasp my sarcastic outlook as I'm pretty laid back and never to serious. Yes as poser shots go its great, he could be racing or outrunning the law I Like it!

Aaron
Sir, I grasped and appreciated your sarcastic wit; I even responded with my own... ...or I attempted to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears