Toyo M/T in 33x10.50?

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Is anyone using this tire? Ive heard good things but never seen it in this size until recently. 4wheelparts (which I really dont care for) has them for $226/per.

I nearing the end of my 3rd set of BFG A/T's and want to try something new. There arent many good options for a 33x10.50r15 other than BFG A/T and M/T KM2.

zidaro

Explorer
Toyo IMO is the best DD tire out there. they have a great reputation of wearing long and balancing well. I live in a mountain region with alot of snow/ice/summer rocks- they do great. If i was a DD rig that sees alot of pavement i would stick with the AT but the MT handles well on the road.
all this being said- my experiences are based on other friends rigs (full size and minis) running Toyo.
I have GY Duratracs on my Toy and LOVE them. Much better pricepoint. If Toyos were $150 each I would run them.

CodyB

Observer
While not the same size, I have the Toyo M/T in 245/75/R16 on my Tacoma. I got the tires after having the truck for four days, and now 13 months and 26,000 miles later the tires are still going great (over half tread left for sure). I do rotate the tires every 3,000 miles. I have had the tires in a variety of snow conditions (both on highway and off-road), rain, sheep hunting in the southern Nevada desert, northern NV alkali mud, and whatever else I've encountered in northern NV. The only problem was on Donner summit I ran over a set of broken tire chains and the link punctured a hole in the tire, never noticed until Reno and got the tire fixed. The tires also seem very quiet. I have no doubt the tires will keep going but before hunting season I plan to switch to 235/85/R16. I'm a big fan of the Toyos having the MT's on my personal truck, the M-55 on my work truck (F250), and I used on the AT's on my Chevy K1500 for many years and miles before the truck finally fell apart.

Freezer

Observer
I'm running that exact size Toyo MT on my Hilux. Compared to the 265 GY MT/R's i ran previously these are much less noisier and offer similar or better grip on all surfaces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle