Toyo MT's vs AT's

stageracer

Getting ready for Agile to do my '12 E350 RB. Planning on running 4.56 gears on 285/75/17's and I'm torn between the the MT's and AT's. I'm currently riding on 265/70/17 Toyo AT's now. They performed pretty well on my last Baja trip; including airing down to 15psi on a super sandy stretch between San Ignacio and San Juanico. My planned usage is a mix of Baja, Sierra's for skiiing, Mohave runs and some further destinations that will have enough highway miles to make me lean towards the quieter running AT's.

Appreciate the feedback. I have really enjoyed reading the various threads on ExPo that have been extremely useful so far on my trips.

t-rex grrr

Adventurer
I love my MTs. From desert runs (12psi) to deep powder in Lake Tahoe, they are tough tires that always work for me.

Compared to other MTs, they're smoother and a little quieter, but they will still be louder than an AT.

For your situation, check out the new Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For an AT, they look mean and I think will outperform the Toyo RTs especially in wet conditions. I'm actually considering them for my next set of tires.

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

Good luck!

Corneilius

Adventurer
My Toyo m/ts are LOUD compared to R/Ts on a similar van. My buddy can't hear his m/ts at all (over his 7.3). Ill be going with R/ts next.

Paddy

Adventurer
If you want AT don't overlook the hankooks dynapro they are very well reviewed and come in a light duty and heavy duty versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman