TOYOTA HILUX INVINCIBLE EPEDITION TRUCK

adam88

Explorer
Nice truck. Just an FYI incase you didn't already know, but it's not legally possible to import this into either Canada or the USA. Trucks need to be 15 and 25 years old respectively. No way around it. Too bad, it's nice!

haven

Expedition Leader
This truck looks well built. It could be purchased by someone from USA who is planning to drive to Capetown, Sydney or Vladivostok.

haven

Expedition Leader
Text from the eBay listing:

Buy It Now price 22,000 GBP (about $37,000 USD)
Location Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Time as come to sell my Toyota Hilux Invincible, with leather and navigation, I have owned this truck from new and know every nut bolt and washer on her, the listing is long as it has a lot of extras and history.

It is built to take on any adventure/expedition, to my own specification, I have over 20 years’ experience in the 4x4 market and all work carried out by myself.

LOW RATE finance available, please contact for details.

I have pictures of all work carried out and of the milometer at every 1000 increments up to present miles.

I bought the car new, ordered in January 2010, I had a little wait and took ownership of it in the February, but didn’t register it until march 1st 2010, it was purchased from westlands Toyota in Bromsgrove, I collected it on my car transporter trailer so as not to get any road salt from the winter on it, once back at my workshop it was straight on to the ramp to waxoyl the whole vehicle, in total I used almost 2 gallon (9liters) of Morris lubricants Ankorwax underneath, inside the chassis, up inside the tub, sills, doors, and any where a hole was to get the nozzle in, after this was done I PDI’d the vehicle myself even though the dealer had done it, (to me there are pdi’s and PDI’s !) the following day I took it home for the first time registered on a “10” plate.

The service history is above and beyond what any one could expect for any vehicle, @1000 miles it had an oil and filter change, @6000 miles it had a full service, with all oils changed using only Morris lubricants and ALL transmission oils were fully synthetic, and every 4-6000 miles after it has oil and filter with full services every 10K, all services are documented, The engine oil used until 10k was a 10/40 semi synthetic and every change after it went on to 5/40 fully synthetic, again all Morris oils, and genuine filter.

As you will see in the pictures the truck is modified, it has been built ready to take on any adventure / Expedition, the list of modifications/additions are as follows with prices:-

Toyota Hilux build specification

Fitted accessories

ARB Rear air locking differential. £879.00

ARB Compressor. £273.00

ARB pressure gauge kit £77.00

3x ARB switches. Compressor, rear diff, ADD Front over ride. £33.60

20-litre compressed air tank. £156.00

Air outlet to rear of vehicle. £53.00
Toyota reversing camera £179.00
Toyota padded arm rest £39.97

Ironman 4x4 deluxe commercial front winch bumper with upper bar. £1000.00

David Bowyer TDS gold fish 9.5c which. £462.00

Plasma 60-meter rope. £260.00

Hella spot lights with HID conversion. £45.00

HID H4 55w headlight conversion. £88.00

Safari snorkel. £336.00

Webasto thermo top Z/C heater, with thermostat timer and remote control. £1205.94

ITG Air filter. £45.00

Allisport tuning £225 inc boost pressure gauge

Bed rug liner. £340.00

Back flip load liner. £599.00

Window, wind deflectors £48.00

Tracker. £250.00

High visibility strobe lights. £26.00

Reversing camera (genuine Toyota). £171.71

Tow bar. £156.00

High-level breather kit. £49.99

Total cost of parts without fitting £6779.24

As you can see it has many of the high end parts fitted to improve on a truck which is hard to beat from new, these parts listed as stated do not include fitting or in some cases design time.

The original front bumper and all fixings will be included with the truck.

As for the truck its self, it is in very good/excellent condition with only a few tiny stone chips, and one dent (pictured) repaired now, the leather interior is in un marked condition and has been treated several times with Glyptone leather care even though that the seats have been covered from new with town & country seat covers, The carpets still have the plastic film covering over them with additional grey carpet on top with rubber mats, this is through out the car front and back, around the top part of the tub, you will see a black rim, this is just I impact tape to protect the upper edge of the tub, it can just be removed if necessary.

The tyres are about half worn now but still have plenty of life in them, the wheels are in unmarked condition, the tyres are 265/70/17, OE are 265/65/17, these 70 profile tyres gives slightly higher ground clearance and brings the speedometer spot on.

Even though this truck is in perfect condition it is, it has been used by me and only me for the odd bit of work in various situations, it has never been abused or miss treated, and the only reason im selling it is that we are expecting our first child and no longer have a need for it in our family L.

I would advise any one to come and view it just to see how special it is, if you are looking for a vehicle to take on an expedition this is probably one of the best trucks to use, and with this one having the additions/modifications done to it, only small things to accommodate your needs are needed, and in my eyes it’s the reliable choice over a land rover (hehe;-)

There will be many more additions I have done over the years only little things but that are of use and essential for long distance off road, severe weather conditions and survival.

Please see link for more pictures.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/streffie/library/Hilux piccies
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/streffie/library/hilux

in the second link you will see pictures of the tyres with splits by the rim protector, these were replaced with 5 new tyres under Coopers warranty program.

Please feel free to contact me to arrange a viewing and a FULL in depth detail of the history and build of the truck.

montecarlo31

First off nice truck looks cool.

Nice truck. Just an FYI incase you didn't already know, but it's not legally possible to import this into either Canada or the USA. Trucks need to be 15 and 25 years old respectively. No way around it. Too bad, it's nice!

This is NOT correct and poor guidance, new non US vehicles can be imported into the US it just takes some money and knowledge.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Monte, don't spread rumours like that. It is not legal to import it as a personal vehicle. Skirting the law does not mean it's legal. The only poor guidance here is your own.

adam88

Explorer
First off nice truck looks cool.

This is NOT correct and poor guidance, new non US vehicles can be imported into the US it just takes some money and knowledge.

This simply isn't the case. Any new vehicles entering the US must meet US emissions and safety standards. I guess by "takes money and knowledge" you mean millions of dollars? Strong post from you.......

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Right. Believe it or not the U.S. is not the only place people want to export vehicles to. I know hard to believe but it's true...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger