Toyota van Roof basket?

nemoaz

Observer
It has drip rails so just about anything will mount on it. I had a long (84" I think) Surco rack on mine.

ihatemybike

Explorer
Might be tough to find a basket that mounts directly to the gutters. Most roof rack mfgs should be able to set you up with what you want.

I plugged your van into Yakima's website and it set you up with risers, rails and a 48x53 basket for $578.

vantucket

Might be tough to find a basket that mounts directly to the gutters. Most roof rack mfgs should be able to set you up with what you want.

I plugged your van into Yakima's website and it set you up with risers, rails and a 48x53 basket for $578.

Those Yakima racks are sweet. I'm looking for something full length though. If I can't find or make one I'm going Yakima.
Thanks for the link.

vantucket

Do you guys know why I'm not getting email notification for your responses? What setting do I have wrong?

ihatemybike

Explorer
User CP
Settings & Options/Edit Options
Messaging & Notification
Default Thread Subscription Mode

Update to personal preference

4wd Vanny

I have a Yakima rack that attaches to the gutters. If you go this route, just go to the yakima website and add your information about your van and they'll tell you what you need.

I didn't like the looks of the "A1 high rise" mounts, too high, so I didn't use them. I did however, had to purchase new sst hardware to make it all work. My basket without the High rises clears the vans roof by 1/2". You can also purchase a basket extender to make your roof rack full length=$$$$$$

I would also recommended the larger basket, load warrior vs. road warrior. I have the smaller one and regret it ever since I bought it.

pirate2.jpg

vantucket

I have a Yakima rack that attaches to the gutters. If you go this route, just go to the yakima website and add your information about your van and they'll tell you what you need.

I didn't like the looks of the "A1 high rise" mounts, too high, so I didn't use them. I did however, had to purchase new sst hardware to make it all work. My basket without the High rises clears the vans roof by 1/2". You can also purchase a basket extender to make your roof rack full length=$$$$$$

I would also recommended the larger basket, load warrior vs. road warrior. I have the smaller one and regret it ever since I bought it.

pirate2.jpg
Great looking rig! I hear ya with the $$cost$$ of the Yakima rack with full length extensions. Looks super nice though. I have to think it over but if money wasn't an object Id go that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78