Trade F-150 for Tundra - Overland

::Squish::

Observer
If the OP is still looking here's my thinking (I own a 2003 Taco prerunner and an 2000 F350 diesel 4x4 SRW)

Keep the F150 and kit it out, you will save a ton of money over lost depreciation and Toyota tax.

Invest that saved money, then use the money you were planning on spending to outfit the Toyota on the F150 and in two years you will end up way ahead of the game vs
Selling the Ford, and buying a Tundra

And by that time maybe the extremely long in the tooth tundra will be updated
and your investment money can help buy the new truck,

or hang onto the old truck and save even more money.

phsycle

Adventurer
Appears the op had his mind made up when he started this thread. He's trolling Toyota owners for acceptance imo.

I thought it was an honest post about some valid opinions, especially from those that have owned both.
The only people he seems to have offended are ultra-sensitive Toy owners who can’t fathom the thought of anyone driving anything else.

Wrathchild

I would keep your F150. Build the truck you have and it’ll do anything you want except go rock crawling. Lots of options for suspension from mild to wild on the f series trucks as well as anything else you want.

bkg

Explorer
I thought about adding that on but since they’re so new, I don’t know if the OP would feel comfortable taking a $55k+ truck off-roading. I certainly wouldn’t. An older F250 w FX4 would be a better option. But I like that the PW comes with everything ready to go. Except the tiny tires.

But the Tremor is... niiiiiice.... in my garage. :p

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have a 2019 Ram Power Wagon. Best truck I’ve ever owned. Tows better and rides better and quieter than my 2015 F250. I tow a 28 foot airstream that placed serious squat on the F250. Zero squat on the PW. When your wife notices the better ride and towing, you know it has to be....

phsycle

Adventurer
I have a 2019 Ram Power Wagon. Best truck I’ve ever owned. Tows better and rides better and quieter than my 2015 F250. I tow a 28 foot airstream that placed serious squat on the F250. Zero squat on the PW. When your wife notices the better ride and towing, you know it has to be....

That 28ft is what, 8k lbs loaded up? So 800lb tongue weight and no squat?? Seems odd to me given the offroad oriented suspension on the PW. But I’ve never owned one.

Tradesman PW would be very high on my list. But pricing seems to have skyrocketed since last year on those. And I can’t even find a Tradesman w PW package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12