Trade in my D40 TDI Navara for a new Hilux?

mauricio_28

Adventurer
At an additional cost of US$900, I've got the opportunity to trade in my 2008 TDI D40 Nissan Navara with 15,000 km, canopy, bedliner, LT tires for a new though stock 2009 Toyota Hilux D-4D 3.0L. What do you think?

Friend, you've got a 9k mi vehicle. Your truck is still new.

Frankly, at that age, I would stick with the vehicle I knew rather than getting into one I dont, and having to start all over on learning a new vehicle.

In fact, at 71k miles, I still don't "know" my Frontier. I plan on knowing her for another 200k+ mi.

But if you decide to get the Hilux, keep us updated on what you trade that in for next year.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Many, if they could, would chose to have a new or as-new-as-possible car every year so my impulse to trade in is not unjustified.

The "learning" part is not really persuasive. I'm a quick study.

Toyota has better resale value here. That's another factor. Plus, I've always been curiuous about the Hilux.

It's gonna be a mutha' to ship you that heavy chunk of steel...

Many, if they could, would chose to have a new or as-new-as-possible car every year so my impulse to trade in is not unjustified.

The "learning" part is not really persuasive. I'm a quick study.

Toyota has better resale value here. That's another factor. Plus, I've always been curiuous about the Hilux.

It's gonna be a mutha' to ship you that heavy chunk of steel...

Port of Jakarta to Port of Tacoma is only $800/20ft container. :)

Toyota also retains higher resell value in The States. If it's been appealing, then I say go for it, but I don't see a +$900 justifiable interest for MYSELF. You do as you like, and where your heart takes you. If the difference is worth it to you, jump. Especially since right now is the best time for your trade-in.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
DO it... (yeah I know I say that about everything HAHAHA) You're lucky enough to be in a place where you can get a REAL Hillux. The D40 Navara is a good truck, but I think the Hillux tops it in my book. From my "seat of the pants" feel riding in both the Hillux just felt more solid. Course I was over in OZ a few years ago, I'd swear it was the same truck that you have, but have they updated them recently???

Another query: Why not go with an older but burlier Toyota HJ70/73/75 or even a Patrol/Patrol Ute??? I guess I just literaly will always avoid buying new trucks in favor of older ones beacuse it leaves me more budget room to modify to my hearts content. Course I might change that tendency if I could get a D4D Hillux or a Diesel Navarra for that matter.

I don't envy your position of having to decide on one or the other of these trucks, but I will envy whatever you end up with ya lucky duck ;)

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan