Trade: Well built Ford E350 (2WD) Camping Rig

michel77

Adventurer
We are looking to trade our van for something a little smaller and 4WD or 4x4 now that we are back from our trip and living on Orcas Island. We'd love a well set up older Tacoma but will consider other trade offers (Land Cruiser, FJ40, Wrangler, etc.) as long as pricing is comparable (8k-ish) or there is cash on top from either end depending on the trade. Will work with takers on delivery, meet in the middle or whatever, pretty flexible.

This van is extremely well set up for extended travel off the beaten path. With the 3" lift, all-terrain tires, rear ARB differential locker and ARB compressor on board, it will go most places for off the grid camping (which is exactly what we have done for the past 2 months). On board water storage, 3 DieHard Platinum batteries for running fridge, lighting, etc. and plenty of storage in the kitchen slide-outs and closets make extended camping easy and set-up a breeze.

Van has been well maintained. We changed all fluids when we bought it last year, replaced ball joints and front brakes (calipers, rotors and pads), replaced rims and tires, replaced batteries. Oil and filter changed every 5k, main belt replaced during our trip about 5k ago. Heater core replaced before our trip (about 10k ago). Transmission serviced and new fluid/filter before our trip. Tires recently rotated and front end aligned, needs nothing and is ready to go.

Below all further pertinent details:

1998 Ford 15 Passenger Extended E-350 Super Duty
5-Door Van
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive (2 wheel drive)
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: V10 6.8L SOHC
Title: Clear and in hand
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Medium Graphite
Mileage: 165xxx
Fuel: Gasoline
VIN: 1FBSS31SOWHA83514

1998 Ford E350 Econoline passenger Super Duty Van,
Power package with windows, mirrors, tilt, cruise control
Stereo- Upgraded Kenwood head unit AM/FM with CD, ipod input, USB, Pandora, etc. with Infinity speakers
Large side windows
Tinted windows throughout for privacy
Dual AC, with front and Rear controls
Automatic transmission with overdrive (button on the shifter)
138" wheelbase
White color with grey medium flint cloth seats
Tow/Haul package with trailer hitch (10,000lbs)
3.73 limited slip with ARB air locker and compressor (switches on dash)
Rear reclining seats with seatbelts (2)
lap seat belts added to back seats
Full interior curtains including front driver and passenger area
Rubber flooring in main interior area for easy cleaning
DieHard Platinum Heavy duty marine batteries with switch over solenoid
Extra insulation
Rear cargo area converts into double bed
Rear side cabinet with detachable top and base with pull out shelve with microwave
2 auxiliary batteries (also DieHard Platinum) with controller to store solar charge
Auxiliary power system and 110V power cord
Alternator 120 Amp
Side Barn doors with swing out window
Rear barn doors with swing out window 2 sets of walk thru screens for both sets of barn doors to keep bugs out
Seats 4, sleeps 3
Solar power READY (no panel mounted currently, previous owner used solar set-up)
Solar power controller and hook up
Inverter 1800 watt
25 Gallon water tank with on board water pump and control switch.
Steel American Racing rims with 235/85/16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires (less than 10k miles on tires, recently rotated and aligned)
Bully door sidesteps
Rancho 3 inch lift with Rancho adjustable 9000 shocks
ARB air locker differential with compressor (switches on dash) airline hook up.
Front extended aftermarket bumper with bars and light tabs. Tow hitch receiver, with fog lights. And 5 HELLA driving lights (separated switches on the dash)
Rear bumper, reinforced and has tire mount and hi-lift jack mounted, water filler and shower control hook up. Bed liner coated.
3 ton power built truck Hi-lift jack
Rear walk up ladder to access the roof. (No roof rack)

It's perfectly set up for camping/ surf/ motocross/ hunting/ road trip van or the weekend adventurer.

More pics in my craigslist ad:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5123301786.html

jason77

Adventurer
How do you feel about 4runners? I have a '98 Limited 4runner. 265k on the odometer, but had the engine rebuilt 40k ago when I bought it. At that time, installed Camburg mid-travel uniball uppers with SAW coilovers, and an OME rear lift. The rear axle was fully rebuilt last year, and the front was just gone through (CVs, lower ball joints, new steering rack, and soon to be completed shock rebuild and uniball replacement). Tires are 285/75/16 BFG A/T. It also has a Schrockworks front winch bumper (no winch). Front seats could use replacement, or covers, as the leather has worn through. It's black/gray exterior and tan interior. Runs great, and is actually my wife's DD.

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
What happened to that awesome 80 series?
(I still miss her)

On a serious note... Are you looking to sell or just trade?
I have a 1998 UZJ100. Plain jane stock though. 179K

michel77

Adventurer
How do you feel about 4runners? I have a '98 Limited 4runner. 265k on the odometer, but had the engine rebuilt 40k ago when I bought it. At that time, installed Camburg mid-travel uniball uppers with SAW coilovers, and an OME rear lift. The rear axle was fully rebuilt last year, and the front was just gone through (CVs, lower ball joints, new steering rack, and soon to be completed shock rebuild and uniball replacement). Tires are 285/75/16 BFG A/T. It also has a Schrockworks front winch bumper (no winch). Front seats could use replacement, or covers, as the leather has worn through. It's black/gray exterior and tan interior. Runs great, and is actually my wife's DD.

Never really got into them. Ultimately I think a Tacoma or Wrangler are the biggest contenders for replacement at this stage.

What happened to that awesome 80 series?
(I still miss her)

On a serious note... Are you looking to sell or just trade?
I have a 1998 UZJ100. Plain jane stock though. 179K

Hey Robb, I feel your pain man, I miss her too. I sold it a few years ago and have been replacing vehicles every year but never felt the same "bond" so we keep trying. That was just such an awesome well set up rig, not easy to replace. It got us too so many places and into vehicle adventuring though and we're forever grateful :)

Probably going to pass on the 100, reason as above..

Hope all is well man, take care!

michel77

Adventurer
Are you willing to sell outright, or holding out for a trade?

Possibly. If timing works out and we find another rig to buy in the meantime. PM if you want to chat further (and if you have any thoughts on getting this rig down to TX).

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Funny I was just going to post up a "looking for an interesting van trade thread"

I have a one owner 2005 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab? PM me for specifics
Also have a "low mileage" 1995 Land Cruiser

Is that something you might be interested in?

Attachments

• GOPR0479.jpg
    GOPR0479.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010673.jpg
    P1010673.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member