Trading up

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Contemplating selling my M416 for an X-Venture trailer. What are some main differences I know they can be accesorized up to and past $30k. I'm looking for one a little more basic. Adjustable trailer rack full width tongue box, yeti 400, lighting package, and the fold away galley. Pulling this behind my 2014 FJ Cruiser. Will I be happy?

TripLeader

Explorer
I think more use would be a component of happiness.
----------
How often do you use your current trailer? How often would you expect to use a new trailer?
----------
If you would use the new one more, that would be one of the criteria I would personally have to meet before trading up.

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Yes I expect to use the trailer more as I find different places to camp and travel to. I've always just gone to the beach in the spring, fall, and summer on long weekends mostly to camp as I am a federal employee and have 13 paid holidays a year plus accumulated leave. I love camping and want to move in a new direction sort of with a larger platform/base camp to make things easier and have a bit more storage and storage options. I'd like to camp in different places such as mountains as well as the coast. I haven't really used the Manley 416 for tight trail riding behind the fj yet but don't see myself offroading like that in my fj anyway with all the modification required to be trail ready as it is just a daily driver most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12