Trailblazer (GMT360) 4L60E vs. Std 4L60E

I've heard rumors that the transmission in the Trailblazer platform (GMT360) has a narrower oil pan section than a stand GM 4L60E that you might find in a truck, F-body or pretty much any other GM platform.

I was hoping some of you might have pictures and/or could take measurements of your oil pan on your vehicle(s).

My goal is to swap a 5.3 into my FZJ80 Landcruiser, but there are known interference issues with the transmission pan on a std 4L60E and front driveshaft. They can be worked around with a 4"+ lift and/or custom drives haft, but if there's a stock transmission that can work better, I'm all for it.

Thanks in advance.

82fb

Adventurer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-265-...Model:Trailblazer&hash=item4ac6b0988d&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLAZER-TRAN...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27dc96cee6&vxp=mtr

Here are a couple links to ebay items. One is for a Traiblazer, other is standard. Trailblazer definitely has a couple relief spots that might just help clear the driveshaft. What transfer case do you plan to use? I put a 4.3 and 4l60e into a Toyota pickup, using a mini truck transfer case. I had to do a little massaging with a hammer to clearance the corner of the pan, but it was not much. I think that trailblazer pan might have cleared with no mods. Post up more details on your build if you can. Love to see the 40's getting built.

Thanks for the links. :costumed-smiley-007

There are definitely some differences, however it's unclear if they are a benefit to my cause or not. Particularly because there are no dimensions there or pics for scale reference.

The transfer case being used is a stock Landcruiser case. It's almost required due to the Landcruisers offset rear axle and related gas tank placement.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Mine is covered by skidplates and its cold out right now, but ask over on offroadtb site and you are likely to get any pics of info you could want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78