Trailer ID and help

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Hey all,

Three questions: First what type of trailer is this? Are my eyes deceiving me or is this a Military trailer? M101 perhaps?
3k63m63o15O05T45U2aatb71aa5cddff71001.jpg

Second Question: $100 a fair price?

Third Question: Until i start to build a nice cover for it and get an rtt, would the tub hold a reasonable sized ATV?

Thanks
Sam

jsmarine

Adventurer
I don't think its a military trailer, maybe a home built. I could be wrong though. And if it isn't rusted all the way through and can be towed away without the wheels falling off, I would probably give him $100. :sombrero:

Dont know about the tub for an ATV, too hard to tell dimensions from the pictures. But I would probably guess yes, it looks about the same size as a truck bed which will hold a regular sized ATV

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Looks like some sort of truck bed trailer. Mil trailers have that dstinctive "curve" at the top....100 bucks seems fair , especially if its got a PTI already...saves on trying to get it registered as a home built.
You'd have to measure it and the ATV to know if that would work.

Robert Bills

Explorer
It is not a military trailer.

It appears to be a basic on-road utility trailer. I'm sure it is worth $100 to someone, but it would take a thorough inspection to determine whether it could be made trail ready. Also, does it have a plate, tag and title?

In my opinion, the trailer will be a compromise at best. How much will you need to spend to make it trail ready (if it is even possible based upon the frame, axle, etc.)? If it pencils out to be considerably less than rehabbing an M416 or Canadian M101, then maybe. If it would end up costing the same, then I wouldn't recommend it. Better to keep looking for a more suitable candidate.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Thanks for all the useful info gentlemen, it does have a trailer and is road-worthy. I want a solid frame as a starting point, the guy selling the trailer will accept $100. I'm hoping that I can buy it and use it for a while until I find a nice military trailer and then turn it around and sell it for not much less than I bought it.

-Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78