Trailer round 2

sseaman

Adventurer
I picked this trailer up today off of CG, the PO had it for 10 years, and took pretty good care of it. Trying to decide which way to take it since it really won't be off road much.

He had a canvas top that the owner before him had, and it is in pretty good shape with one hole to patch.

I'm thinking of taking the wheels off my other trailer before selling.

Here are some pics for you guys.

Attachments

• trailer_front1 (Medium).JPG
    trailer_front1 (Medium).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 998
  • trailer_back1 (Medium).JPG
    trailer_back1 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 747
  • trailer_side (Medium).JPG
    trailer_side (Medium).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 741

sseaman

Adventurer
And the canvas...

Attachments

• trailer_frontcanvas (Medium).JPG
    trailer_frontcanvas (Medium).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 690
  • trailer_backcanvas (Medium).JPG
    trailer_backcanvas (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 617
  • trailer_back2 (Medium).JPG
    trailer_back2 (Medium).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 608

sseaman

Adventurer
I'm thinking of making the trailer where it can tilt like Plowboy, can anyone think of a reason against this? Also, talking to Plowboy he used 3 large hinges from the tongue to the trailer, I was thinking of possible welding on 3 leaf spring hangers, then 3 round eyes on the tongue portion and attaching that way, how does it sound? Or is 1 enough? The tongue is currently just bolted at the front and 1 bolt in the middle of the trailer frame.

sseaman

Adventurer
Got one of the new fenders mounted today, think I'll like the way they look.
attachment.php

Last edited:

sseaman

Adventurer
I have cleaned off all the paint on the outside, and primed, WOW was that a job. I am trying to decide on the final paint color, I usually pull it with my 4runner, so I thought about matching it, but love the color on my wife's Sequoia even more.

sseaman

Adventurer
Once the deck is done you may paint Dr. ..please check w/Mrs. SSeaman for final approval:Wow1:

How did you know my wife's name...HAHA

I hope to paint before the deck is complete, as that could be a while.

I looked at ACE today, a couldn't decide if the already mixed gray they had would work or not.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I think they can cutom mix rustoleum in some places. Ben Moore also has some xylene based commercial coatings..as does sherwin williams too..pretty durable stuf, just make sure you use a compatable primer.

What I never knew until I worked an auto paint supply outfit doing an addtion a few years back, depending on the primer color is what determines the final coat color. If your planning on mixing paint to match your vehicles...read the paint codes on inside of the door to determine a primer color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior