Trailtop 4.5 by 8' using glue & go Trailtop fiberglass Components. Fiberglass skin any dummy can do

opp

Observer
I have been getting trolled that all my pictures are photos shopped no their real. This was NOT invented in 2012 Infill building has been around for over a 1000 years. Fiberglass over 75 years. You are better to get them from a glass shop near you shipping cost. The outfit I get mine from has many profiles and yes the 7’’ one that matches a jeep tub. When they have made an over order they put up on railtop.net are trailtop.org. When gone the take down the web site. For the flat crosser overs and spacer profile those I have extra 550 feet hand layer. Will share.
I finish a small trailer making my own fiberglass parts. Two years to finish. So now will buy and see how that go's .Will be doing 3 pods. So 50 Hr. each .Well see! This will be all fiberglass over foam. Woody have been built in under 2o hr. of work time. Home depot cut all the wood. Two working on them dad and 12 year old girl.Picture 206.jpgPicture 203.jpgPicture 362.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WVI

opp

Observer
I should have been clearer. Plan to build in under 50 hrs. This from of building uses a fiberglass skeleton frame. No wood .When using wood at some point you will have to glue, nail are screw into the end grain. Then add an alum. Cap that has memory and try to return back flat. It will be puling at any fasters that may being used. Wood get wet just from the water in the air. When it gets cold. In the picture the new outer ring .Was cut and laid up in 4hr and 12 minutes. For the left and right side. Used two envelopes and a cutting stick. DO NOT USE BODY FILLER AS SOME HAVE SUJESTED WILL FALL OUT AT SOME POINT .This form of building with fiberglass has been around for over 70 years are more Not in the last few years as some have claimed .View attachment 465837View attachment 465838

opp

Observer
The outer ring is the rails . You can see in the picture above .I am building the top rails On this build I will be doing as much of the side as possible . That way will not have to flip the pod as much .Skins will be here Tuesday

opp

Observer
Sorry For no updates .Had to find new suppler for cross rails on the roof. The whole plan on this stile of trailer is to be supper light last a 100 years are longer. Order 500 feet of cross rails. That would build ten pods .The fiberglass was to be hand laid. As it is stronger and lighter than any built with a chopper gun. On the bill it came to 456 lbs. It should been no more than 235-260I inquired Why so heavy. AS they were to be hand laid. Was informed first layer is spray on with a chopper gun then any wovening is then hand rolled .So I passed. Had to make my own. Will not count as time for assembly.
Cut and bonded framing for two doors and backing for shelves. 1hr 15 mi to complete.
Trimmed outer molded fiberglass skins. For outer walls .To perform this was 2hr and 40 mi.
Then bonded in place time 2hr and 20 Picture 401.jpgback inside.jpgPicture_401.jpg-image26-495.pngback inside.jpgminutes. The reason for long bonding time. Used wet fiberglass then added 2’’ strip of fiberglass all around inside .For most it take 30mi if bonding with sikaflex -221 are like product. Some of the thing I Picture 405.jpgwill be doing are over board have not sold this pod so will build like a heavily used off road pod
If you plan to build using some type of railing for the frame .Try to retrieve near you. Railing is light but can be long .So shipping can be costly.

opp

Observer
Cela a été mis en attente. Je suis rentré à la maison et les murs latéraux ont une couche. Certains avaient un besoin plus grand que moi. Tout n'est pas perdu Maintenant, il y a au moins 12 entreprises vendant la balustrade. Alors, commandez des balustrades pour deux toupies carrées et une remorque en forme de goutte. Tout recommencera dès que je conserverai le railtop / trailtop.

opp

Observer
This has been put on hold .Came home and the side walls have diapered .Some one had a greater need than me. Not all is lost Now there at least 12 companies selling the railing. So have order railing for two squared-top and a teardrop trailer .So will start over as soon as I retain the railtop /trailtop The hard part is deciding what profile to go with.

opp

Observer
"Diapered? Do you mean disappeared? Did somebody steal your sidewalls'' Yes they removed the side walls .As they had outer and inter skins done.

opp

Observer
I have been trying to put something new after the loss of my walls.

I been ask where to retrieve the building components that were used. The best place is to start at a fiberglass shop

Near your home. Shipping and overseeing what is being manufactured. .

The main body was pulled from a water fountain base tooling with LOWES door trim to make the lip. The Crosse pieces are from the side walls of the main body. The center spacers. That will create the space to construct an 1524mm wide trailer from 1220mm stock. The same for the door stock. Turn on the side also will be used to build the skins for a Scotty serno copy teardrop. The bottom plate was from 260mm pieces bonded together from TrailTop. Picture to fallow. Full tooling have been constructed. 12700mm for each is the least they will sale. Now they have built tooling. R&R plan to use for the manufacturing grow boxes.

opp

Observer
Some inquires about the cost of railing. There more than just side rails. Bottom rail, door jam, .The Crosse pieces are what make this so forgiving .On the pictured trailer one side is 37.5mm longer. Would have to show where on the trailer. Still hard to tell. OK we planned it that way. That’s why you build one side at a time. Two left side do not make a right side. The cost for a 5 feet wide 5 high 10 long trailer the side railing using 40 feet, 12m.would be U.S $330. About. Bottom railing at 30 feet 9m U.S $200 .Crosse pieces should run about the same as side rails.12m U.S $247 No price on door jam. They now have pre made 41degres and 90s profiles . Will start new trailer this weekend so pictures to follow. So in the range of U.S $ 750 -$800 .My thought is it will save over 40 hrs. of work time .Can get by with China store U.S $ 1 hacksaw. That be like paying your shelf U.S $20 per hours.

opp

Observer
Get things reedy for the next 3 trailers will film the one that I am building for a UTV
Réjouissez-vous pour les 3 prochaines bandes-annonces qui filmeront celle que je suis construite pour un UTV

Attachments

• Picture 411.jpg
    Picture 411.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 414.jpg
    Picture 414.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 416.jpg
    Picture 416.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 85

opp

Observer
Finley received my door jams. There designed to fit the frame profile. That way different accents can be added. They were designed for a 5 by 5 by 10 feet long off-road trailer with pop up roof. Sadly the side panels were removed stolen. Set the cash back some. So now building a 7 foot sleeper/weekender To make the doors fit will angle the top and bottom near the fenders. Cannot move the axle back 60 /40 rule. This way of building can be done with a few hours of work and last for a 100 years or more. If you plan to try this No big investment in tools $20.00 U.S . Cannot make a mistake .Should be able to have your local fiberglass shop modify a excising tooling. Received some hate .Not the one that is trying to get $35.00 a running foot. Cost should not be more than $10.00 a running foot

Finley a reçu mes embouteillages. Là conçu pour adapter le profil de cadre. De cette façon, différents accents peuvent être ajoutés. Ils ont été conçus pour une remorque tout-terrain de 5 x 5 x 10 pieds avec toit ouvrant. Malheureusement, les panneaux latéraux ont été volés. Définissez la remise en argent. Alors maintenant, construire un dormeur / weekender de 7 pieds

Pour adapter les portes va incliner le haut et le bas près des ailes. Impossible de reculer la règle des essieux 60/40. Cette façon de construire peut se faire en quelques heures et durer 100 ans ou plus.

Si vous envisagez d’essayer cela Pas d’investissement important dans les outils 20,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez pas vous tromper. Vous devriez pouvoir demander à votre magasin de fibre de verre de modifier un outil d’excision. Reçu de la haine. Pas celui qui essaie d'obtenir 35,00 $ le pied en cours d'exécution. Le coût ne devrait pas dépasser 10,00 $ le pied

Attachments

• Picture 434.jpg
    Picture 434.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 435.jpg
    Picture 435.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 435.jpg
    Picture 435.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 18

opp

Observer
Had to trim the doors down. So thought was to cut corners .If was to do over .Would cut narrower and eat more rabbet food. As one corner is finished will pull a plaster of pairs tooling .make the last three corners so all will be the same .Then bond in . Two side doors

Attachments

• Picture 438.jpg
    Picture 438.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 439.jpg
    Picture 439.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 440.jpg
    Picture 440.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

opp

Observer
Now I have the doors trimmed in the corners .Need this profile so could use back center spacer. Spacer is to build an 5 feet wide using 4 foot material on top. Now can have fiberglass on the bottom wood on top thinking 1/8 Cherry are ash striped planking. All fiberglass is hand laid NO chopper gun ********
Off-road alum plate bottom fiberglass on top.

Attachments

• Picture 441.jpg
    Picture 441.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 442.jpg
    Picture 442.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 446.jpg
    Picture 446.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 445.jpg
    Picture 445.jpg