transfer case?

jeepn0811

Does anyone know what the splines count is on the input shaft of a np231 from a 99 jeep Cherokee. I am replacing the full time trans case in my 98 5.9 grand Cherokee and it has a 23 splines input shaft. Thanks

jeepn0811

Well, I picked up the T case today. $150.00 was hard to pass on. Spent some time with a tooth brush and degreaser and it looks really Good. I'm not going to put a SYE in it just yet. The brass bushing in my tail shaft is shot and the coupler is frozen so I'm in permanant 4x4. If I don't have a bad vibration I will run the 231 for a while. Otherwise I will milk it until I can do the SYE and rear drive shaft.

By the way I'm running a 4" rough country long arm kit with 1" spacers. 33x11.5 on 16" Procomp wheels.

jeepn0811

Update

Well, I got the trans case in today. Wasn't to hard. Just sucks laying on the concrete most of the day. I couldn't get the shift linkage to work properly so I manually shifted it into 2 wheel drive and will tackle it another day. Going to look into the Novak shift linkage. Also going to need a SYE. Doesn't have bad vibrations but too much for me. A work in progress I guess.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just an FYI, you need the linkage and shifter from the donor vehicle, yours will not work. This has been documented in numerous threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears