Transitionial sleeping bag.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
This is cool, I had no idea bags could be refilled. I have an old Sierra bag I might consider refilling, but the shell has a lot of mileage on it.

One small problem with womens bags I might mention is for the most part they only go to 5'5" with some available in a "long" version up to 5'8". If you are taller than that you must be a man I guess. Hmmm, I wonder if I should be the one to break the bad news to my wife. :camping:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Hate to say it, they are cheap enough now, they are borderline "disposable" just like everything else IMO. But IMO their quality has gone way way up... Also on the backcountry.com site, they have full dimensions of it. The Lafuma mens bags only come in 6'6 (I am 6'5)...

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Rusty: FYI (just in case you haven't been in their sleeping bag department): Sportsman's Warehouse has a fairly decent display of sleeping bags including several women's models and down & syn. You can pull them down and try them out...

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
My vote is for the Mont Bell Ultra Light Super Stretch. They come in ratings from Desert Summer to Mountain Winter. I have both the #7 and #2. The stretch features keeps in the heat and allows full movement. It was voted "most comfortable" by Backpacker Magazine.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
paulj said:
Lightweight backpacking 'guru' Ray Jardine is, perhaps, the best known promoter of a quilting, a sleeping bag without the zipper. Ray has done some major expeditions, though generally without wheels.
http://www.ray-way.com/quilt/index.shtml

Oh boy. Ray. I had a perfectly good aplineering trip ruined in BC by some Ray Jardine-ites who were trying to use those lightweight methods in the Mt Robson area. By the time we found them they were blue lipped and begging for help. When we found them, our first words were, "what the he....." Then I saw the quilt and it all came together. What works for Ray may not work for everyone. Little things like cutting the tongue out or running shoes or using a nap sack for extended trips may not work for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior