Trash bag Options for Slide In Camper

Sundodger

My Northerlite doesn’t have a place for trash, thinking of putting one of those spare tire overland trash “can’s” on the ladder on the back.

Any recommendations or other ideas? Would really like something larger than 30 gal, any 50-60 gal options out there?

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
I understand waste management has rental rv trash bags in various sizes.
And can be dropped off at their locations.
Good luck

andy_b

Sorry guys, I think I probably confused the matter.

Looking for something like this, but larger. Buying bags isn’t a problem, just need a place to put them. This if for off grid stuff, at a campground it’s a nonissue.

Bags like that have straps like a backpack - instead of looping it over a spare, you could build a frame that attaches to the rear wall/door and affix the trashroo to that. Regarding the size, anything bigger seems hard to manage once full and especially hard to dispose of if you're not headed straight home (eg - in a town between sites).

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Those bags are cool but they can be stolen. They are not bear country smart because they smell and are easily shredded So do folks put them inside when traveling?

I use a steel amo box/ river groover for long trips in country where critters are a concern. Strong 3 to 5 mil compactor bags inside. You can compact the garbage by crushing with your feet. Amazing how much garbage they can hold. Can be put inside without smalls. Works great. For shorter trips I use one of those spiral spring collapsible lawn clipping tarp barrels with the same bags. Use a NRS strap to compact the barrel.

BlackDogTravelers

A 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid works well with my NL 9-6. Just bungie it to the back porch/ladder. Use grocery bags in the camper daily. It's small, critter proof and can come inside without odor if needed. Same could be done with a typical blue barrel used in canoe travel. Available in 30L, 60L or larger with airtight seals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12