Traveling partners

Clark White

Explorer
Let me premise this with, I love my Tacoma. I have traveled coast to coast three times in it and couldn't be be happier with it. However, it is not such a good idea to do so with three grown men. Two buddies and I drove to Mobile AL (14hrs straight through) this week. One day each way with two days in between for a brief class we were attending. My Tacoma (00' XTra Cab) is quite cozy with two people, but three is DEFINITELY a crowd. I thought two pillows and a sleeping bag would make the back a great place to lay down and stretch out and sleep, but that was no so. I think for the next trip (three of us going to Little Rock AR in Jan.) I am going to either put my futon mattress in the bed (safety issues, I know) or cut a peace of plywood to fit the back of the cab and put my Thermarest back there. The later option would still be badly crowded however. The back isn't big enough to really stretch out, and with someone back there, the passenger either smashes the guy in back, or has his knees about three inches into the dash. :rally_guys:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Yea - I looked at the A Cab a couple times, and wanted to convince myself it would be fine, but in the end I had to get a Dbl Cab and I'm glad I did. The Dbl Cab back seat isn't what I'd call luxurious and spacious, but it's good enough to seat a reasonably sized group of 4 (and great for traveling with my two kiddos). The only negative is that I can't really sleep back there, but for me, I'm not really in a situation where I'd do that too much. That's where the new Dbl Cab, long bed configuration is really nice for travel, space, and storage but the longer wheel base makes it tougher on tight or technical trails. It's a tough call....

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I drove from Tampa to Salt lake one time with myself my wife and my dad on the front bench seat of a ford ranger. it was a true test of patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman