Traxide dual battery kit on LR4

El Solis

Adventurer
looks awesome. That's what my plan is, a 12V on each side (passenger side for the fridge, and then the solar anderson connector for the solar on the drivers side etc).

techniq808

Some great photos and great ideas to consider for implementation.

Question I have and sorry if it's obvious, but is the only way to order the Traxide kit over the phone to the AU?

Are the kits not provided by a distributor in the Americas? Are there any online ordering options?

It seems the SC160 allows both batteries to be used during winching (linking), while the SC80 doesn't mention this capability. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Ray_G

Explorer
Only way is to order from AUS, but that shouldn't slow you down-Tim, the person I was turned toward by a fellow forum member, is extremely responsive and communicative both before and after sale-furthermore shipping doesn't take that long, and the USD is strong against the Australian dollar right now so take advantage!

NCLRbear

Adventurer
I ordered mine straight from Australia and I couldn't believe how fast it came. not one issue with ordering.

PaulB1000

Picking up this thread as I'm looking to do this project soon...but have a few questions I'm working through..

1) Traxide or National Luna
National Luna has a the monitor/controller which looks useful.
Traxide has so many kits.. makes it difficult to see which one. Plus on all of them they say not suitable for outside of Aus.

2) Which manufacturer/model is largest capacity (Ah) battery nowadays that will fit.
I'm hoping to get 120Ah in there.

Bought my Traxide US160 kit with trailer and solar and never looked back. Unbelievable product service, speedy shipping, and that exchange rate is unbeatable. Mine showed up in four days.

PaulB1000

Bought my Traxide US160 kit with trailer and solar and never looked back. Unbelievable product service, speedy shipping, and that exchange rate is unbeatable. Mine showed up in four days.

Since my post I did further research.. I agree - it looks like Traxide is the best option.

On the battery - it also looks like the Optima Yellow top is the highest capacity you can get in Group 34 size. Which is amazing considering how old the battery designs are.
I looked at Lithium but for 100ah it starts at approx $1000

ishapiro

Since my post I did further research.. I agree - it looks like Traxide is the best option.

On the battery - it also looks like the Optima Yellow top is the highest capacity you can get in Group 34 size. Which is amazing considering how old the battery designs are.
I looked at Lithium but for 100ah it starts at approx $1000
I am running odyssey pc1500 (group 34) that has more capacity (68ah) than yellowtop and more deep discharge cycles. This was a very tight fit though.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Exploder
Skip Optima. They are a shadow of what they were back in the day. Something changed several years ago and the quality is not the same. I had two warrantied back to back. When the last one hiccuped, I bid them adieu. I won an Optima in a club raffle and had it listed for sale the next day.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Skip Optima. They are a shadow of what they were back in the day. Something changed several years ago and the quality is not the same. I had two warrantied back to back. When the last one hiccuped, I bid them adieu. I won an Optima in a club raffle and had it listed for sale the next day.

I agree from experience since 1999 but in last 5 yrs years three have died / won't take charge from professional shop charging system. My Odessey's though have been flawless with the oldest one, a 2150, still near top spec 10 yrs on now!

djkaosone

djkaosone
FYI... a Diehard Advanced Gold AGM Group 34 fits perfectly too. Got it on sale for under $150 at Sears. Now, I'm just trying to figure out where to mount everything.

iowalr4

Adventurer
Picking up this thread as I'm looking to do this project soon...but have a few questions I'm working through..

1) Traxide or National Luna
National Luna has a the monitor/controller which looks useful.
Traxide has so many kits.. makes it difficult to see which one. Plus on all of them they say not suitable for outside of Aus.

I have the Traxide SC80 (160 is good too, but i think the SC80 will work fine)... and I bought the National Luna Dual battery monitor. It works just fine with the traxide stuff, its just a monitor. (The national luna controller has it built in, but you can buy the cheaper monitor part on its own)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears