TrekboxX drawer system for JK idea thread

JCDriller

Adventurer
Thanks! Yeah, I was bummed about the slides. But truth be told, I was happy to switch back. The Accurides have really been great and I'm very familiar with them. They have little to no slop at all, and if there is any you can easily get rid of it prior to shipping to the customer.

I'm surprised your having issues with the KV slides. I picked up a pair after reading about them in your box build and used them in my box. One locking and one non locking, both 500lb. They are fantastic and don't allow for any slop. That being said I've never used Accurides. I do really like how the KV slides lock and unlock, very smooth motion.

Your build looks fantastic by the way!

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Thanks! It's possible that the slides I tested weren't up to their normal tolerances. However, I can't afford to have a certain percentage of reject slides. I also don't like the bumper they put in the locking version. Seems like an afterthought with the large roll pin they use, and there's no adjustability for play. I'm glad you got a good pair!

TrekboxX

The Jeep's really only big enough for 26" slides to fit inside the box, but I shoe-horned 28"ers in there. It just took a bit of creative engineering.

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Hey guys. Finishing up the design details on the Alpha System for the JKU. Here are a few teaser shots!
1) What do you think the weight of the system will be once you're done?
2) Does it have a designated spot for an ARB fridge? If so what size?
3) if I have it loaded down with equipment can the sleeping platform still work or would I have to unload it all then deploy the sleeping platform?

Looks great so far!!!

TrekboxX

Any update on the JK systems?

Working through final production details with my metal fabricator. It's hard to find a balance of price vs bulk production cost when you don't know how many you'll be selling. I'll be starting another thread fairly soon with a possible group buy for you guys.

Hey guys. Finishing up the design details on the Alpha System for the JKU. Here are a few teaser shots!
1) What do you think the weight of the system will be once you're done?
2) Does it have a designated spot for an ARB fridge? If so what size?
3) if I have it loaded down with equipment can the sleeping platform still work or would I have to unload it all then deploy the sleeping platform?

Looks great so far!!!

You may be talking about 2 different systems. The Bravo is the one with the sleeping platform option. You could put it on the Alpha, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the Alpha. Yes, the Alpha will fit many fridges, the ARB 50 (47) being the biggest ARB option. As far as weight is concerned, I've listed the Bravo weights earlier in this thread. The Alpha will be slightly heavier, but I don't know how much just yet.

If you had a Bravo and had the platform stowed on the top of the system like it was designed if you were using the 2nd row seats, then yes- you'd want to remove your belongings from the top to set up the platform. But you'd be sleeping there, so you'd have to move your stuff anyways...

TrekboxX

Hey all! I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm running a sale for the next week. I rarely do sales, but to be honest the heat this summer kicked my butt! I'd like to have those of you interested get a system while it's cooler under the welding helmet. Also, since these take a while to build, it avoids the last minute rush builds for a planned summer trip, etc.

Sale will run from Oct. 16th - 23rd. If you want a reminder sign up for my email list and I'll let you know what's going on.

Email list

Also, you can finance the system for 6 months interest free if that's an issue. Details HERE.

Thanks all!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78