Trekboxx drawer systems for FJ Cruiser

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hey all! For those of you that haven't heard of Trekboxx, we are a huge company... Ok, I lied. It's actually just me. I make drawer systems for the LC, 4runner, and Jeep crowd and have had a lot of requests over the years for an FJ system. I wanted to start the conversation and get any feedback you may have about a couple of new systems for the FJ. I'll be starting a pre-order very soon and wanted to share some of my conclusions and see what you think.

I've had an FJ in the shop and have had time to mock up a few things. At this point it looks like I'll be doing 4 systems- an Alpha, a Bravo, and an extended (2nd row delete) version of both. The FJ is even smaller than the Jeep JKU in longitudinal cargo space, so the fridge options look like they'll be limited to around 40l models for the standard Alpha setup. The extended version will have a much larger fridge space, a very long (roughly 54") large drawer, and an additional storage hatch in front of the fridge area. Additionally, I'll be offering a "kicker" which would fold down off the front of the extended version when the front seats are moved forward to make a full (roughly 73") sleeping platform. Both systems will have some new cool features- more on that later.

The donor rig I have is a 2007 model with the subwoofer on the passenger side. I'd love any feedback you may have on any differences through the years. I can't seem to find many differences in my research, only subwoofer and non-subwoofer models. I know many FJ owners use the hatch for molle storage panels, etc., so I've opted to put the fridge and pullout work surface on the passenger side- but I'm open to suggestions.

Below is a LC system for inspiration and a couple of rough mock-ups of the extended Alpha version.

David

Attachments

• @coledudley 2.JPEG
    @coledudley 2.JPEG
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • FJCSAX MASTER V5.png
    FJCSAX MASTER V5.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 78
  • FJCSAX MASTER V5 2.png
    FJCSAX MASTER V5 2.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 69

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Speaking for myself, I would be most interested in the sleeping platform. I am 6'3", so it is a challenge (if only the FJ were a couple of inches longer inside...). Access to the jack compartment is important, and the platform should be level with the "ledges" on the sides IMO.

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Speaking for myself, I would be most interested in the sleeping platform. I am 6'3", so it is a challenge (if only the FJ were a couple of inches longer inside...). Access to the jack compartment is important, and the platform should be level with the "ledges" on the sides IMO.

You're right- if only it were a couple inches longer. It looks like the longest platform you can fit is about 71", so at 6'3" you'd definitely be sleeping diagonally. You won't have access to the jack compartment- I don't know how you would with any drawer system in the FJ. For the height, I thought I'd go just above the wheel wells. It makes things work out for some trekboxx specific design features, and allows there to be filler pieces to get a truly flat system since the existing wheel wells aren't level, especially front to back.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Heh, with my homemade platform I have slept with my feet between the front seats, but it is less than optimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78