Trip statistics

Tom_D

Observer
Returned from a XC trip from WA state to northern Ontario. This was a highway trip to get us to a month plus of kayaking on the Georgian Bay.

I fitted new tires which were a definite improvement over the OEM Yokohamas. No more pulling and no more weird wear or vibration. The new tire are Tempra Trailcutter RT (Tempra is a Cooper made brand). I paid $1200 for 8 tires.

The total distance was 4676 miles.
Total fuel 418 gals
Average MPG 11.18
Oil consumption 0.5 qt

Given the smooth running of the new tires and highway conditions I was steadily running at 60-62 mph around 3000 rpm. The fuel mileage is about the worst I get. On trips with more time to relax and travel on dirt I average closer to 13 MPG.

BTW: We met Nathanael Kuenzli a member of the Portal. We were camping at the cottonwood campground at Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. Visit Nathanael's web site for a look at his amazing photographs!

Tom

Tom_D

Observer
The tires are the same as the OEM -- 235/85 R16 10 Ply E load.

I was very neglectful this year and has no pics. The FUSO looked good with two 17 ft plus sea kayaks on top.

The Georgian Bay is a premiere kayaking spot. 1000's of islands and a choice of sheltered water or big water depending on your mood.

KEENO

Adventurer
Georgian Bay

I also paddled Geogian Bay this past Summer..... Which area did you paddle? Pics to add to the "paddling section"?

KEENO:)

Tom_D

Observer
Georgian Bay

We stay on an island near Pointe au Baril north of Parry Sound. We do day and multi-day trips. My wife's family owns a cottage there.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle