Triple Aught Design

Scott Brady

Founder
Yeah I started a thread about one of their shells last year and it got modded/deleted for some reason.

True story...

I found this odd, so I looked in the entire DB for that thread. Nothing came up at all. Maybe it was effected in a server crash or something?

Thanks for bringing that up.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I found this odd, so I looked in the entire DB for that thread. Nothing came up at all. Maybe it was effected in a server crash or something?

Thanks for bringing that up.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate that. I specifically spoke of their shells/hoodies. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it would have been deleted. Once again, thanks.

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I like the stuff I see online. If the quality and attention to detail is so spectacular, I don't think the prices are bad at all. Especially if it's made in the USA. I don't mind spending $100-150 on a pair of pants if they last me 4 or 5 years.

I'll be rockin' Tad Gear soon, I can feel it.

Is it just me, or is that "Creature Hoodie" about the coolest piece of gear out there?

media.nl

Last edited:

Explorer
I'm all in for the wool hoodies, but does anyone know if the shells are soft and quiet for say hunting or are the crunchy?

Nothing like stalking game wearing a potato chip bag :elkgrin:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I'm all in for the wool hoodies, but does anyone know if the shells are soft and quiet for say hunting or are the crunchy?

Nothing like stalking game wearing a potato chip bag :elkgrin:

I've thought about this one before.

I have the "stealth Hoodie" but when I'm moving around it in there is nothing stealthy about it. It's not exactly "crunchy" but it does make enough noise that I've wondered how I would sneak around in a situation that required stealth. Mostly it's the fabric rubbing against it's self that makes noise.

Good question.. Hope I answered it right.

edit:
My comment above is in no way intended to be a knock on the product.
The Stealth Hoodie is a truly awesome piece of equipment. It has tons of pockets that are really useful. It's built tough and should last for a long time with lots of use. Even though it is not water proof it has kept me completely dry on a few hour plus hikes in the rain, sleet, and snow.
I absolutely love this jacket.

Attachments

• 100_4478.JPG
    100_4478.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Explorer
I've thought about this one before.

I have the "stealth Hoodie" but when I'm moving around it in there is nothing stealthy about it. It's not exactly "crunchy" but it does make enough noise that I've wondered how I would sneak around in a situation that required stealth. Mostly it's the fabric rubbing against it's self that makes noise.

Good question.. Hope I answered it right.

Perfect, thank you!

thejafe

Adventurer
In the last year and a half I've purchased a TON of their gear :sombrero: . I'd go so far as to say they have the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. Period.

With their new website up they have implemented lots of cool changes like a Lifetime Warranty on all of their gear and a Paypal option for payment. Those are two welcome additions :) .

Here's their recent newsletter with lot's of good info:

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=bd32e21917f9cde5b6a2fe3f4&id=bc32c1e91e&e=1323eaacb1

:coffeedrink:

DonL

Bought two overland shirts, three t-shirts, a gray Stealth Hoodie and a Black Ranger Hoodie.

Overall I'm impressed. The only thing that bugs me is the overland shirts, they come out of the dryer wrinkled. The cotton is very soft, not BDU quality.

The Stealth is not stealthy, but it's definitely better than the Mountain Hardware jacket that it replaced. Caution, even washed in cold water TAD Gear cotton will shrink. I bought a large in everything, probably should have got x-large instead.

I'm about to buy the wife a green Ranger Hoodie, she likes mine. I will also buy a couple pairs of the Legionnaire and Spartan pants. Like I said I'm pretty impressed with their goods.

colter

Observer
TAD's stuff is great especially their packs. I have a fast pack patrol size and its very tough, well thought out.

FortyTwo

Observer
It looks like they do have some great stuff...just sent my wife a xmas idea!

Is that the 1HZ 40 that crushers built?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/245813-1hz-install-into-1978-fj40.html

Regardless, with a rig that nice I will certainly support them.

:victory:

Brett

It is indeed.

I've been a long time buyer of TAD's stuff and have never had much in the way of complaints or disappointments. Their products are top notch. They've progressed into a lot more homegrown designs over the years, but they do a good job with them - both with the design and production. I highly recommend the FAST Packs, the Creature Hoodie, any of their shorts, and special edition Striders. Wasn't too big on the Stealth, but I think it was the first run; they may be nicer now.

Scott Brady

Founder
Just had a great trip in Africa with the Triple Aught Design gear.

I am still loving the Overlander shirt, which dresses up and down nicely. Only complaint has been the sleeves, which would not roll-up over my forearms - that has since been resolved according to TAD (good news).

The Stealth Hoodie has been flawless - the most exceptional jacket I have ever owned. I love the pockets and fit. With all the rain in Africa, the hood was sweet (I usually don't like hoods).

I also picked-up a Legionaire pant in green. super comfy and roomy, though the sizing is a bit different than most of my other pants. They run a bit big. Tons of pockets!

163887_10150153079048275_640113274_8355463_6514841_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78