Triumph to offer new adventure touring model

Adventurerider

Adventurer
I'm a Triumph dealer (among other brands) and let me tell you, I've been waiting along time as well as my customers for Triumph to bring back a "Real" Adventure bike like the Tiger use to be!!!

The only "real" down fall to the old Tiger (well, their were a few, no bike is ever perfect for every customer) was that the rear sub frame was welded to the frame and they cracked a lot from crashes, panniers etc..

If you road with the rear top case on the bike and it was windy it could work as a sail in the during the right circumstances, VERY SCARRY!!!!

The motor was extremely durable, incredibly fun, with just the right amount of torque and H.P. when needed on or off road, and sounded great!! I still think the "three" is one of the best power plants ever, but I do have a few favorites!!!! Torque with high rev's, what more could you possibly ask for, we raced them for years and they really are durable, and like I said, torquey to boot, which helps drive you out of the corners or lug while climbing, again best of both worlds!!!!

The suspension needed work if you were an accomplished off road rider and wanted to do more then just ride dirt roads or jeep trails, but that could easily be remedied, so again, all in all, a great bike, that was different, classy and inexpensive to own and maintain!!

I hope the new one really does give the German's a run for their money, KTM has been doing a great job at that here lately (5-6 yrs) and I think that if the English really come out with something good, or dare I say great (an all there bike here in the past 4-5 years have been really incredible but two, so there's a really good chance) that is will again make BMW go back to the drawing board an come out with an even liter GS and or maybe a real Rally Replica!!! They need to also stop raising their prices and I completely understand the exchange rate with the dollar, but I think bike prices have been getting ridiculous, IMO...

Here's hoping!!!!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
The first generation of the Tiger was a really cool bike.

Looking forward to seeing what they came up with.

Scott Brady

Founder
Just rented a Tiger 1050 today. . . I am enjoying it. Motor is sweet. Several unintentional wheelies pulling through second. :bike_rider:
58515_10150089936078275_640113274_7305649_3976687_n.jpg

Snafu

Adventurer
I can't wait to get my hands on an adventure bike....I've been lusting after a BMW F800GS for some time but this looks very promising so far!!

mountainsoul

Adventurer
Look forward to seeing this in the flesh. Very promising. If it's got half the DNA of the Triple or Daytona then it should be something special.

RabidRover

Observer
only concern is the weight ... everything else looks nice on paper :bike_rider: I will definitely being looking at it when I look for my next bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman