trooper roof repair... Help!

Incusus

Adventurer
I had a mishap at at a formerly trusted carwash today: an automatic door closed onto my roof, snagging the rear rack rail and mangling the roof where he surco rack supports bolt. I'll elaborate and provide pics tomorrow when I'm not on wireless.

I'm looking at the forward bolts being pulled up, cracking the metal raingutter bolt holes, and the rear compressed, denting the roof. I'm not enthused about water getting into my roof or reduced carrying capacity (weight). Anyone have an idea what my options are?

I've already left a message for the carwash owner on his voicemail. I don't know why the door came down before I cleared the opening.

I'll add that I'm obnoxiously paranoid about roof clearances, and this is a "no-touch" carwash I've used dozens of times before so please forgo the 'you shouldn't have used an auto wash' bit. I'm cranky and it won't sit well ;)

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Sorry that happened, but your best bet is to talk to a reputable body shop. Explain that loads that you carry on the rack or plan to carry (RTT, etc.) and your concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior