trooper trail shots

Kenny Olson

Adventurer
2013-03-16_14-57-28_193_zps8df1505d.jpg

TomSuddard

I welded up a mount myself, it's a piece of 1/4" angle iron welded between the two bumper mounts, with an 1 1/4" receiver tube in the middle that goes back to the frame. On top of this "base" is a winch plate made out of 1/4" plate steel, which is welded to the angle iron and braced in the front and rear with diagonal triangular gussets back down to the 1 1/4" receiver tube. Then I cut a square out of the bumper and bolted it back down on top of it all, and hid the solenoids behind it just ahead of the passenger fender.

smote

It belongs to a member over at Planetisuzu. Yes it's a nice rig with many unique traits. He's always tweaking it. Just recently added a sliding rear cargo deck and flip down cook table in the rear doors. He does 1st class work. Not only that but he can drive it. I have a 1st gen and they are much narrower than the second gens. On more than one occasion I have led a group through a tight spot and then thought Oh oh. He's gonna loose a mirror. But he squeezes right through. Magically it seems sometimes. Nice rig, even better skills behind the wheel and a super positive attitude. He always brings his sons. Family wheeling. A great person to have on the trail with you.

I belong to the Planet also (same user name). Whats his user name over there? I'm always looking for inspiration to setup my Trooper as a better camper/expo rig.

outofrshell

Adventurer
Yugo they are both wire hairs, Milly the white & liver one passed away last July and is now chasing chukars in Bush Creek Canyon and other favorite places. Gypsy the dark one is going on 9 years and is one great hunter and friend who is also now helping raise our newest wire hair a wire haired standard size dachshund. You have a good looking dog there it is some times hard to tell the difference in the breeds but they are all usually good hunters and great friends. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179