Trouble sourcing Fuso FG parts online

Looking for some intel on sourcing parts online. I have a 2007 Fuso FG in need of an overhaul and I’m having trouble finding any decent online part sources.

Called a place in CA that quoted me $1200 for a front driveshaft and another $1000 for a locking hub assembly. Just for parts.

Parts can’t be that pricey (?).

I also have an old Land Cruiser and an old Land Rover and sourcing parts for them has been really easy and affordable.

Any suggestions?

Will need to redo the front wheel bearings, both front locking hubs, and will need a front driveshaft at the very least.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Here in Australia the Fuso is far more common than in the US and there are more truck wreckers that have Fuso bits, but parts for these trucks are not what I would call cheap.
I was shocked to find out that new spare parts for the Fuso were often around double the price of a similar part for an Isuzu, but sadly that's how it is.

As far as I know, there are some truck parts companies here in Australia that will ship globally.
If you cannot get what you are after locally at a decent price, that may be an option for you.

Desert Dog

The UAE is the land of the Canter... You won't find any on-line companies but parts are plentiful and relatively cheap. If you know what the part numbers for the items that you need, I may be able to help.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Brett's Truck shipped me spring bushings to the USA. Busbees in the US has used parts. A driveshaft should be available from them.

Thank you for all the replies. I’ve sourced a service manual which is 3,000+ pages and great, but there are no parts numbers associated with any of the diagrams ??‍♀️.

Most of the Aus parts pages don’t specifically have parts for the FG140, so I’m a bit hesitant to buy those parts just yet.

Does anyone have a way to specifically source part numbers for their Fuso? Or is there an identical Australian Fuso model to the American FG140 with a diff name?
5CD8E441-B072-4CAA-9DCE-7F1F38F0AE0C.jpeg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Or is there an identical Australian Fuso model to the American FG140 with a diff name?
Well... each country seems to have its own models, so there is no "identical" truck to the FG140.
Having said that, the Australian FG84 is virtually the same truck. The FE84 (2WD) parts are also normally interchangeable.

Most engine parts will be the same, as they both use the 4M50, 4.9 litre, but there will likely be some difference with anti pollution gear.
Cab parts might be interchangeable, but some will be specifically LHD or RHD or country specific. As an example, the side mirrors are different and use different mounting brackets.
Drivetrain parts should be the same.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Thank you for all the replies. I’ve sourced a service manual which is 3,000+ pages and great, but there are no parts numbers associated with any of the diagrams ??‍♀️.

Most of the Aus parts pages don’t specifically have parts for the FG140, so I’m a bit hesitant to buy those parts just yet.

Does anyone have a way to specifically source part numbers for their Fuso? Or is there an identical Australian Fuso model to the American FG140 with a diff name?
View attachment 778863
I'm pretty sure that when communicating with Tom's Truck Parts, that number in the lower right hand corner of the diagram, and the number of the part in the diagram was the method for determining which parts I needed. In fact I think Tom's Truck sent me a copy of the diagram and asked me to name the part number.----edit/. I was mistaken. I looked up the email. They sent me a photo of a similar diagram but with part numbers on each part.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
For comparison, the parking brake assembly I bought for $264 at Tom's Truck Parts in 2021 for $264 is listed at $250 currently at S1 parts center. One good thing about S1 is that Tom's Truck told me parking brake parts were only available in the complete assembly whereas S1 lists all the little parts available separately, at least in the catalog, perhaps not in reality.

I tore into my front hub assembly and realized all of the internals were missing on the driver side. From a dealership they could only sell me the entire assembly for ~$1,200. S1 parts were able to sell me the little individual parts (2 springs, circlips, 2 washers, drive gear, etc. for about $50.

Super happy about that.

Although the front driveshaft was still about $900 ?, which was missing entirely when I bought the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan