Truck finally bit the dust.... NEW TRUCK!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Hello All,

My (somewhat) trusty truck finally bit the dust. It was having engine problems and the rear end needed to be rebuilt. Again. This would have been my 4th $1,000 rear end rebuild and I was not going to do that again. Bought it when I was 15 from my old neighbor for 5k with 83k on the odometer. Lasted me through high school, college, many moves and many girlfriends.

Now on to the new truck.

2018 F-150 with the 2.7 Turbo. Unfortunately, it's 2wd... not big deal. I have other projects I can spend time on. And, according to the sticker, I get over 25 MPG. But with a sport mode and a twin turbo...I highly doubt I will get anything near that.
Has all the bells and whistles that I always talk ********** on
And it's a lease. For where I am in my life, this is perfect. And I'm an awesome negotiator so managed to put 4k down and my payments is $182 a month. Couldn't say no.

Here she is in her beautiful blue glory:
Blue.jpg

Last edited:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I must admit, I am super impressed with the 2.7L ecoboost. I was hesitant at first and wanted the 5.0 because its a legend but this little twin turbo def does the job plus some.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Nice truck. I am hoping they will have a EcoBoost at my usual rental company in Houston, as I really want to try it. They always have F150 but I never really paid attention at which engine they have, until now.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Nice truck. I am hoping they will have a EcoBoost at my usual rental company in Houston, as I really want to try it. They always have F150 but I never really paid attention at which engine they have, until now.

I'm sure they will as the 2.7 is the most popular now. You wont be disappointed!

Clutch

<---Pass
Congrats man! Nice color too!

That 2.7 is impressive.

Leasing may not be a bad idea these days, trade it back in before any major [expensive] problems arise. I have thought of it, but can't meet the mileage requirements with me laying down 25K a year.

Chorky

Observer
n't like modern stuff
I agree..just due to electronics. My dad just got a new ram 3500. Its a awesome rig, but you know they dont even have a CD slot anymore???? Its either sat, phone, or radio.

SSDiver5 - i gotta poke some fun at the 2wd! My ex had a 2wd Jeep....I always wondered why Jeep would even offer a 2wd. But thats great you have the perfect truck for now, its always awesome to hear when someone finds the perfect fit. And I've never had a payment, but that seems super cheap too!! I agree that leasing does sound like a great way to go for certain rigs. Care to show us the inside??

4th rebuild? that sounds painful...what was the deal??

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I don't like modern stuff but that's purdy!

haha my thoughts exactly. I wanted an older truck but this was such a great deal.

Congrats man! Nice color too!

That 2.7 is impressive.

Leasing may not be a bad idea these days, trade it back in before any major [expensive] problems arise. I have thought of it, but can't meet the mileage requirements with me laying down 25K a year.

It took me a day or two to get used to the color but I dig it now. The 2.7 is super impressive! You can definitely tell that a v6 is not meant for this size truck. You can feel it when the engine struggles and then the turbos kick in and it takes off.

SSDiver5 - i gotta poke some fun at the 2wd! My ex had a 2wd Jeep....I always wondered why Jeep would even offer a 2wd. But thats great you have the perfect truck for now, its always awesome to hear when someone finds the perfect fit. And I've never had a payment, but that seems super cheap too!! I agree that leasing does sound like a great way to go for certain rigs. Care to show us the inside??

Make fun of me. I make fun of myself daily. But I do have a rear locker! The salesman told me it was for towing haha. Ill get some more pics when I have a few mins.
I'm not sure what was wrong with it. It was the 8.8 rear end so it was smaller. I did a fair amount of towing but it was utility trailers and jet skis so nothing heavy. 2 of the rebuilds were from chewed up spider gears and one of them the actual housing was bent. I have no idea why or how but I'm glad I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Thanks the for the comments!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I agree..just due to electronics. My dad just got a new ram 3500. Its a awesome rig, but you know they dont even have a CD slot anymore???? Its either sat, phone, or radio.

The cd slot is in the center console on equipped models.

Clutch

<---Pass
It took me a day or two to get used to the color but I dig it now. The 2.7 is super impressive! You can definitely tell that a v6 is not meant for this size truck. You can feel it when the engine struggles and then the turbos kick in and it takes off.

I am kinda partial to their "Blue Jeans" color, but I could live with the Lightening Blue too.

I am very impressed with the 2.7...wish Toyota would do something similar, but they seem to be stuck in the stone age. Nothing wrong with Fords though...gotta say if I was in the market for a new truck, a Ford would be at the top of the list.

The cd slot is in the center console on equipped models.

Who uses CD's anymore? I can't even remember when the last time I used one. Believe the old 1st gen iPod Nano I have in my truck is now considered outdated.

Last edited:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I am kinda partial to their "Blue Jeans" color, but I could live with the Lightening Blue too.

I am very impressed with the 2.7...wish Toyota would do something similar, but they seem to be stuck in the stone age. Nothing wrong with Fords though...gotta say if I was in the market for a new truck, a Ford would be at the top of the list.

I named her "big bluety judy"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998