TTORA Takeover 2007

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Sweet Can-Back and new graphics Wil. The CBI rear looks really, really good too. Is the Can-Back because of baby mandated gear shuffling? You're definitely overdue to update your mod thread.

Nice pics, who took 'em? Some nice Toyotas turned out for that run, old school and new junk all rolling together.

:beer:

articulate

Expedition Leader
. . . and the only prissy turd camping in a roof tent. Gasp!

Gorgeous photos! Loving the rear bumper, in a macho cut-sheet-metal sort of way.

Bergger

Explorer
The truck is looking really good. Any pics when you have it set up for camp? I'd love to convince the wife into something like that. What size tent do you have and how well does the topper support the weight?

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Truck looks great Wil, but is that your stock spare on the gate?

Looked like a number of folks took body damage. Tough trails in Farmington, nice slick rock covered with a layer of sand to make things interesting.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
kcowyo said:
Sweet Can-Back and new graphics Wil. The CBI rear looks really, really good too. Is the Can-Back because of baby mandated gear shuffling? You're definitely overdue to update your mod thread.

Nice pics, who took 'em? Some nice Toyotas turned out for that run, old school and new junk all rolling together.

:beer:
Thanks! I just passed my Camera out the window… and got all the pics if my truck is not in the pic I took that pic. My mod thread is updated.

Bergger said:
The truck is looking really good. Any pics when you have it set up for camp? I'd love to convince the wife into something like that. What size tent do you have and how well does the topper support the weight?

I did not take any pics of it in camp, but you can look here and see it in Marty's photo's. the last two pics...

Ursidae69 said:
Truck looks great Wil, but is that your stock spare on the gate?

Looked like a number of folks took body damage. Tough trails in Farmington, nice slick rock covered with a layer of sand to make things interesting.

Thanks Chuck! The trails were wicked…. Rim Trail was the most interesting… it was along a rim, and one error spelled disaster. I too major damage to the front, to the point I was surprised I was not leaking coolant or tranny fluid.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Takeover was a blast. The trails had something for everyone, unless you wanted to keep your truck clean and carnage-free....
rofl.gif

Wil - Enjoyed meeting and wheelin with you on Friday! Your truck is sick! Here's a few highlights:

Wil on the rocks....
CIMG0895.jpg

CIMG0896.jpg

CIMG0900.jpg

A few from my excursions.

CIMG0914.jpg

CIMG0915.jpg

CIMG0938.jpg

CIMG0920.jpg

Ophir Pass on the way home

CIMG0962.jpg

The rest are here - check em out!

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/mralsto/farmington_2007/

Willman

articulate said:
. . . and the only prissy turd camping in a roof tent. Gasp!

Gorgeous photos! Loving the rear bumper, in a macho cut-sheet-metal sort of way.

:xxrotflma

Nice shots!!!!

Ditto on the update the mod thread!!!

Love the new graphics and rear bumper!!!!

Did you do the rear cutting at the takeover????....That would be a good install in the dirt...Did you bring a jen-set???

:)

flyingwil

Willman said:
Did you do the rear cutting at the takeover????....That would be a good install in the dirt...Did you bring a jen-set???

Yeah we did all the cutting at camp at takeover on friday night. It was dark, and we were eyeballing it. We used a trailer that had a generator to power the grinders. Not too bad for installing the puppy in the dirt, and the dark.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
flyingwil said:
Thanks! I just passed my Camera out the window… and got all the pics if my truck is not in the pic I took that pic.

I probably didn't ask that right. I meant did Mrs. FlyingWil join you or was she on diaper duty at home? Sounds like she was. Shame on you....

Your truck sure has come along way. How was Can-Back to deal with?

flyingwil

kcowyo said:
I probably didn't ask that right. I meant did Mrs. FlyingWil join you or was she on diaper duty at home? Sounds like she was. Shame on you....
FlyingWen and FlyingBaby were in FL visiting her parents while I was in FMN. So she had an extra set of hands... :shakin:
kcowyo said:
Your truck sure has come along way. How was Can-Back to deal with?
Can-Back was a pain in the ass to deal with. I got the Can-Back used, and wanted to add the extra rail. So after 3 weeks f trying to get through to them on the phone I finally got through and talk to Bryon (sp?) and we negotiated that I would swing by and pick it up. I went there and finally got it, and then when I got home it didn't fit... he gave me a 4runner crossmember. Long story short... I still have two supports. They help up great to what I put the truck through! Can-Back will need to have some good vendors to survive and compete with the best top, since the only thing they have that the others don't is a load bearing top, but that comes at a price of about $700 more. It will be interesting to see how long they last.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Wil, looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing. I have to agree on the back bumper, that looks really nice. I alos like the can back on there too. Good job.

FlyingWen

Explorer
kcowyo said:
I meant did Mrs. FlyingWil join you or was she on diaper duty at home? Sounds like she was. Shame on you....

I took FlyingBaby to Destin Florida for the weekend to see my parents. Diapers and additional care were handled by Grandma. :wings:
I am going to try to make the Trophy, I may even bring my new rig.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
FlyingWen said:
I took FlyingBaby to Destin Florida for the weekend to see my parents. Diapers and additional care were handled by Grandma. :wings:
I am going to try to make the Trophy, I may even bring my new rig.

Cool, we still need a report on the Xterra. Are you liking it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online