Tumbler cup

Johnainny

Observer
I just found this in walmart. It is a 30oz. Tumbler cup like the yeti and rtic cups. Yeti wants 30.00 for theirs and rtic wants 15.00 but you have wait for it come in. This cup is labeled by mossy oak and was 18.00. I tried it out and it kept water cold over night with just a little ice in the cup. The lid can be closed so that it won't spill which I don't think that the other two cup don't have.20160121_080833.jpg20160121_080844.jpg

gps4

seems as though the yeti tumblers and koozies are all the rage down here in the deep south. back during the christmas season, you couldn't find the 20oz. tumbler anywhere. anyway, i stumbled across a facebook post about ozark trail marketing a 30oz. tumbler for $9.74, 20oz. tumbler for $7.74 and 12oz kooziefor $7.74.

found these ozark trail knockoffs at my local walmart and bought the last 4 tumblers and two koozies they had in stock.

640x858.jpeg.83cdc0b7795745a5b6d691477fce7539.large

640x854.jpeg.fba387a738474fa08772a6a1d7b09de1.large

afbond03

Adventurer
Yea, the Ozark Trail ones are holding their own just fine against the Yeti I own. I can't wait to get my hands one of their rotomolded coolers as well.

kbahus

Adventurer
I recently picked up one of those Ozark Trails 20oz tumblers, it has exceeded my expectations and outperforms all of my current coffee mugs. I was at Moosejaw earlier that day with a 20% off coupon but still couldn't bring myself to spend the coin on the Yeti version, it just doesn't make sense due to the cost. Plus I was not sure if I would like using a tumbler as the lid doesn't fully close. I do have a Yeti cooler and like it very much, but if I can save money on less important things that leaves more money for traveling.

C-Fish

Adventurer
It's a tumbler, not much R&D in that.

I'm sure there was plenty of R&D before Yeti was able to produce a sell-able version.

Not to mention the cost(s) associated with setting up manufacturing, ETC.

Super easy for the mega retailers to capitalize (after the fact) and have a KO product produced by the same factory for pennies, using the same tooling and assembly line...

;)

I own a few Yeti tumblers BTW.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
The "setting up of manufacture" should be the same wether you designed itself or not.
You seem to argue that because a brand name of something costs more, it must be because that R&D went into it. I tend to disagree, even though I rarely buy knock-offs of anything. But R&D on a tumbler is hardly something that takes a long time to recoup. I'm also willing to bet they get theirs made by someone who makes tumblers and thermos for a living. Ah, yes, they have their logo stamped on the outer shell, I guess that took a look of R&D'ing.

If they use the "same tooling", it just shows that you are aware that Yeti most likely does not actually manufacture it themselves.

In any case, I don't care much. It's a freaking tumbler, not some complicated machinery or end-product.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Nice find!

A couple weeks ago I was gifted a 25oz canteen by Corckcicle: http://corkcicle.com/pages/canteen#product-collection-3

At $33 I would highly recommend one. I put a little ice in it at 0530 and leave it in my truck parked in the Arizona sun until 1730. At that time it's still ice cold. I also lie it has a screw on cap to ensure no spills if and when it's in my backpack or on its side in the truck.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Nice find!

A couple weeks ago I was gifted a 25oz canteen by Corckcicle: http://corkcicle.com/pages/canteen#product-collection-3

At $33 I would highly recommend one. I put a little ice in it at 0530 and leave it in my truck parked in the Arizona sun until 1730. At that time it's still ice cold. I also lie it has a screw on cap to ensure no spills if and when it's in my backpack or on its side in the truck.

Sweet! They are very nice!

dusmw

Yeti v Ozark Trail

Yeti sent me my 20 oz tumbler as a thank you for something I helped them on, I love it!

Bought the Yeti Coldster and the OT copy, tested them both and went back and bought 5 more. I lie Yeti products but no need to overpay for comparable quality which I believe the OT can koozie is.

I would imagine that with all the cooler competition the Yeti pricing will either drop or they will start allowing their retailers to discount them.

Had it not been for REI, Cabela's, and MidwayUSA % off coupons and points earned I would not own any Yeti coolers! Way to much even with discounts.

Bring on the competition.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I'm sure there was plenty of R&D before Yeti was able to produce a sell-able version.

Not to mention the cost(s) associated with setting up manufacturing, ETC.

Super easy for the mega retailers to capitalize (after the fact) and have a KO product produced by the same factory for pennies, using the same tooling and assembly line...

;)

I own a few Yeti tumblers BTW.

I'm sure Thermos would have a lot to say about Yeti's R&D. Yes, that kettle is already black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears