Tundra Front Bilstiein 5100 Question--are these the right front shock or shall I go do something else?

kmwvmarip

Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster. First time 4WD owner, but romped my '67 VW Squareback and Subaru plenty of places.

I have a '13 Tundra CM Limited and it is in need now of a suspension upgrade. I am looking to do some dispersed camping/light 4WD boondocking, backroadsy stuff (Mojave Road, Anza Borrego, East Side Sierra, etc.) but want a capable set-up. Nothing showy. I am not super into lifting for the sake of what "looks good." I am fine with a stock or close to stock set-up. Might do bigger tires in the future, might level in the future, but the stock set-up seems more than adequate at the moment for my needs.

I was at a shop and the salesperson recommended Bilstein 5100s all around. I installed the rears (where I was in the most need of replacement) and it feels great. My rear shocks were toast.

Now on to the fronts: I am planning on setting my shock at the lowest setting as it was shipped. I was told that it would not raise the front and keep it stock. Is this true? Looking at the packaging it might raise 0.85". Is this a big deal? Do I need to do a re-alignment?

kmwvmarip

If it helps--

Truck is on stock sized 20" wheels with stock sized tires. When tires are done, thinking of moving on to a smaller wheel for increased sidewall.

Dopesick

Does a bear..........
Here's what I recommend.

Go up at least one notch. This will help level the truck out and give you a bit more ground and wheel well clearance up front. Not a bunch, but just enough to not upset anything. And as was already mentioned, Do yourself a huge favor and get an alignment done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman