Tundra regular cab short bed (RCSB)

I guess the only way to know for certain is to call the dealer.:ylsmoke:

I dont know man. When I was looking for a reg cab prerunner two dealers told me they didn't make them so I had to pull it up on the toyota website. Same thing happened when I wanted my 2.7l prerunner. Could just be the sleezeballs around here though.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I just saw a Quad-Cab with what appeared to be a shorter bed and it looked pretty compact... that RCSB looks down right tidy and like it could be made to fit through some of the thight NW trails we ave here. Never thought I could say that about a New Tundra. they're just so BIG in typical configuration...

I am thinking 2wd, 5/7L.... supercharger...dropped with 22's..and go around blistering "sports cars"..and kids with are under the impression that a fart can turns a civic into a race car.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah that would be a berast for sure... And it'd smoke LOTS of suposedly "fast" cars, let alone the under-engineered Honduhs running around. Those things don't know what Torque is ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA There's a vid somewhere of a Quad-Cab 3.4 S/C'd Taco SMOKING an Acura RSX and the guy in the Acura can hardly belive it. It's a great vid...

Now what if Toyota made a Power-Wagon competetior out of these rigs.... HMMMM and then they could get on making a REAL JK competitor with a SFA and what not...They have the ability, now we just need to sahow them the desire to have such a thing offered in N.America. IMO the FJC just wasn't it. Sorry for the OT post

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

18seeds

Explorer
From a looks standpoint i really don't think the new body design of a tundra go well with a FWC or flippac. The styles are way different IMO.

SC T100

Adventurer
I dont know man. When I was looking for a reg cab prerunner two dealers told me they didn't make them so I had to pull it up on the toyota website. Same thing happened when I wanted my 2.7l prerunner. Could just be the sleezeballs around here though.

Haha! True...dealers don't always know their own products. Mind boggling...but true.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Toyota of Dallas had a red RCSB with the 5.7L V8 on the lot about a year ago. It was customized with some sort of street performance package (20+" black rims, color-matched bumpers, etc), but nonetheless they got one somehow. It must've been crazy fast because my dad's double-cab Tundra with the 5.7L V8 is really quick, and it's a much bigger truck than a regular cab.

I am thinking 2wd, 5/7L.... supercharger...dropped with 22's..and go around blistering "sports cars"..and kids with are under the impression that a fart can turns a civic into a race car.

my 4x4 doublecab DOES eat the little racer's..

a buddy that is a police officer (swat dude too)..giggled when he drove my tundra...course he just orderd a raptor with a 6.2L..but I havent raced him yet (now before yall think im some kid...im a early 30's guy with 3 kids..wife and a regular job..so it desnt get hotrodded..but it will eat some tires if ya forget!)

as for a camper..thats an 8ft truck camper..fits good..hauls just fine!!
IMG01050.jpg

jeremiahak

My little brother has a 5.7 standard cab 4x4, and we have had it in some pretty awesome places. It does great stock offroad, but the aftermarket isn't really that great for them yet. I keep trying to talk him into lifting it, tires, armor etc, but he hasn't bit the bullet yet.

Jeremiah

jeremiahak

I guess I just meant that there isn't as large of an aftermarket for the new tundra as this is for the vehicles we've dealt with in the past. We live in Alaska so we learn really slow. LOL

Jeremiah

RR1

Explorer
I guess I just meant that there isn't as large of an aftermarket for the new tundra as this is for the vehicles we've dealt with in the past. We live in Alaska so we learn really slow. LOL

Jeremiah

Yeah it is no 70's era Cheby...

huntoon

Adventurer
How about for a first gen?

I just found this RCSB first gen tundra created by Luigi of SoCalTundras. I think the work was done at Wicked Creations.

backhalfcomplete007.jpg

burgkit005.jpg

Link to the build and many more photos:http://socaltundras.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=32

Any other 1st gen RCSBs out there? Especially ones less race-oriented and more expo-oriented? In my opinion, this could be the coolest body style ever. The wheelbase would be 128 inches minus the access cab, ~ 111 inches. The bed is 6'3'' instead of 8', a difference of 17 inches. It would just be a fat reg cab tacoma.

kishzilla

Just thought I would add my truck to the discussion...

It's a SR5 RCSB 4x4 5.7 with the sports package, which is basically paint matched bumpers and grill trim (rear bumper is more of a roll pan) and the 20" sport Alloys. It also has buckets and a center console which is kind of rare for a RCSB since most have a bench seat.

dfkj1z.jpg

5tyw4h.jpg

34952ti.jpg

I recently bought a paint matched, cab high A.R.E. topper for it and I plan on building a carpet kit/sleeping platform/storage unit for it over the next week. I'm going to be selling the pop-up in the background as it has become a pain in the butt and I just want to be able to hop in the bed of the truck and sleep when on ski trips, camping etc. and not have to set up the pop-up. I'll post pics of the topper and sleeping platform when I get a chance.

Let me know what you guys think :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman