Tundra rock sliders?

OldCrow

I recently switched from reasonably built out 4Runner to a new '16 Tundra TRD Pro and am starting to build it out as my new fly fishing and light overlanding rig.

I swapped out the tires and will order a canopy this weekend (SnugPro). Next up will be sliders. Does anyone have recommendations for a good set of bolt-on rock sliders for a double-cab standard bed?

After having a 4Runner and Tacoma, I wasn't prepared for the lack of aftermarket support in comparison to the other vehicles. Loving all the space and the grunt in the V8 though.

Thanks in advance!

OldCrow

Thanks everyone for all the links. A bunch that I didn't find with a search.

I'm familiar with Mule as they did the lighting and SPOD on my 4Runner. Didn't think of them for this which was a mistake.

I had also forgotten about Cruisin Offroad but I remember seeing some of their great work on a custom rack for the bed. Also my daughter goes to school at SFU in Burnaby so I could potentially combine visits.

I'll post photos as I get into the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back a couple days ago from P&P Engineering with a set of prototype sliders for a crew max. These things are stout as hell and can't wait for the paint to cure to go try them out.

The mounting is different from anything that i've seen in the Yota world. P&P currently makes production Nissan offroad gear, but are venturing into the Toyota world starting out with the Tundra. Here in the near future we'll be building a bed rack, skids, and front/rear bumpers for the truck.

P&P Sliders by Cody Ash, on Flickr

Needless to say, i'm pretty happy with how they turned out. P&P is based out of a small town near Warsaw, Indiana. It's currently a two man show with the help of another Fabricator from time to time as they share a shop together. These guys went above and beyond what I wouldve ever expected them to during the build process. They also asked for my input during the entire build.

If you have any questions let me know. Once the paint is completely cured I plan to slap them back on the truck and go give them a test run.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
SDHQ has a nice looking bolt on option: http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2010tundrarocksliders.aspx

2015TUNDRAICONSUSPENSIONMETHODNVICIFRONTBUMPERWARNWINCHCAMPERSHELLFRONTRUNNERRACK12.jpg

i bike

I'll throw in another vote for SDHQ. They're pricey compared to others, but they've got a few features I really like. One being they tie into the front and rear cab mounts, in addition to the frame rail. Second, they are BEEFY. 2" DOM chromoly tubing, you know they'll stand up to some abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger