Tundra Wheel Size & Fit

SunMan

Adventurer
Question for you wheel gurus:
I've got a line on a used set of 16" American Mojave wheels (6 bolt pattern). I only spoke to the seller briefly as he is out of town for 5 days. I told him I had a Tundra and he said the wheels were mounted on a Tundra too, I don't know what year his Tundra is/was as our conversation was brief.

My rig: 2006 Tundra DC 4WD

The question:
Is a 16" Tundra wheel universal for all 1st Gen years? Does it matter if his is or isn't 4WD? Is there anything else fit-wise I am not considering here that I should be?

I ran the wheel fit on the American Racing website and it showed the same part number for all Tundra years but I'd like to be positive here.

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before he calls back as I would like to pounce on the deal. Any info here appreciated. Thanks.

alexrex20

Explorer
only the late-model tundra is 5-lug so if he had them on his tundra (assuming he's telling the truth), they should bolt up without issue. all that really matter is that they are 6-lug on a 5.5in bolt circle, with a 4in center opening. all American Racing off road wheels in that lug pattern will have the 4in center opening. i have no doubt that they will fit your tundra, regardless if his truck was 4x2 or 4x4.

you may run into issues with tire fitment, if you run oversize tires or if you have aftermarket suspension/body. but in that case, the issue is not the wheels.

SunMan

Adventurer
Thanks for the info and quick response.

My truck is stock lift wise and am running stock sized BFG 265-75-16.

Hope this pans out.

SunMan

Adventurer
Thanks again for the feedback. The deal turned out well. Scored a set of four Mojaves with BFG AT's (about 50% tread left) for $500. Stoked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78