TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

stclair

Adventurer
Well, this thread helped me decide to cross over. Just picked up a 2002 Tundra with 50K miles today. Can't wait to go camping! Almost glad there aren't as many aftermarket options for these, saves me from myself.

Tundra_zps03bb4e6e.jpg

stclair

Adventurer
2001 Tundra:
Donahoe extended coilovers, Total Chaos uniball upper arms, Rear ARB airlocker, Custom rear bumper, ARB sahara bar front bumper, OEM Toyota FJ Cruiser steelies with 285/75/17 (34") Toyo MTs.

I try to keep it as close to stock as possible.

So....OEM FJ steelies will fit a 2002 Tundra? I like it.

Derek24

Explorer
Nice find on the Tundra! Low low low miles, not even broken in. Just to give you piece of mind, I have almost 160k on mine and no problems at all other than being my fault! And yes FJ steelies will fit on our Tundras, and all Tacoma wheels as well, we all share 6x5.5 bolt pattern.

Falkon

Adventurer
Nice one stclair. Good thing about the aftermarket thing, there wont be a thousand built Tundras around you. Severely underestimated off road vehicles in my opinion, I am constantly surprised and impressed with mine.

- Chuck

stclair

Adventurer
Thanks everyone. I'll have to start looking into practical mods, but not really sure where to go. We do spend lots of time off the beaten path, so it will need to be solid there. Also, want to keep cost low so glad to hear the FJ steel wheels will fit it. They're everywhere, and really cheap. Any need for spacers with those? If I want to add just a little clearance, any recommendations on where to go? Also, we'll be getting a FWC, so I guess I need to heavy up the suspension a little. Thanks for all of the advice in advance!

seanpistol

Explorer
Thanks everyone. I'll have to start looking into practical mods, but not really sure where to go. We do spend lots of time off the beaten path, so it will need to be solid there. Also, want to keep cost low so glad to hear the FJ steel wheels will fit it. They're everywhere, and really cheap. Any need for spacers with those? If I want to add just a little clearance, any recommendations on where to go? Also, we'll be getting a FWC, so I guess I need to heavy up the suspension a little. Thanks for all of the advice in advance!

to get some clearance without spacers, get wheels with 4.5" backspacing to fit 285/75r16s (33s). Wheelers Offroad has nice and inexpensive steel wheels with proper backspacing. Bilstein 5100s are the best bang for your buck to lift the front a couple inches, throw in a $30 diff drop and larger 930 CV boots to save yourself future hassle. Total Chaos or Camburg upper control arms with uniballs will do a lot. Level the rear with an add a leaf or 1" rear block. Do the rear differential breather mod.

This thread is gold:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/off-roading/15623-tundra-offroad-mods-and-tech/

jim65wagon

Well, this thread helped me decide to cross over. Just picked up a 2002 Tundra with 50K miles today. Can't wait to go camping! Almost glad there aren't as many aftermarket options for these, saves me from myself.

Tundra_zps03bb4e6e.jpg

Sweet! If I'd seen that, I would have bought it too!

Here is my 2000 Tundra

What do you all think of it so far? I plan on doing much more work to it. I am going to build a bed/storage unit in the back next.
IMG_0328.jpgP6140015.jpgP6090001.jpgIMG_0528.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle