TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

daveyboy

Adventurer
After a year of research and months of waiting, finally got the Phoenix Pop-up on the Tundra.

Exp-One bumper, OME heavies + extra leaf, TRD swaybar. No airbags/timbrens.

I can't tell from the pic--what tie downs are you using?

I have Torklift tie downs for my camper on my Tundra and am just curious.

MINO

Adventurer
Phoenix uses short 850# rated ratchet straps (1 for each corner) connected to the corner anchors in the bed. I had reservations about this method, but so far so good.

MINO

Adventurer
M
So is the shower right in the middle of the floor with that shower head right there

Yes. However, I've changed the gray tub cover to a wooden platform so I wont need to remove that thing every time we shower.
Simply hang the shower curtain, turn on water/pump/heater, shower head has a few feet of hidden hose and a on/off button.

Curtain is floor to ceiling and has a vent/hatch right over it. Wave 3 heater is covered to avoid contamination.

We chose this route to gain some storage over the standard bath set-up. Especially since we lost space by going with a closable tailgate.
YM5A5866.jpg

Thanks Kya! You too! I've been following your build.

Last edited:

TRUIZ

Observer
New tundra

image.jpg

My new Tundra. 2004 TRD 4x4 with 46,000 miles. Single previous owner, truck is very clean. Going to be my daily driver but still have my 98 tacoma so the tundra will definitely get some mods. Build thread to come.
To do list:
Wheels and tires (31's or 33's? Not sure yet)
Sliders
Undercarriage protection
Suspension
Camper shell
Baja rack (in the garage, waiting for a shell)
ARB locker in rear. (Has the LSD so need a new third, we'll see how the LSD works)

ExpoScout

Explorer
View attachment 174485

My new Tundra. 2004 TRD 4x4 with 46,000 miles. Single previous owner, truck is very clean. Going to be my daily driver but still have my 98 tacoma so the tundra will definitely get some mods. Build thread to come.
To do list:
Wheels and tires (31's or 33's? Not sure yet)
Sliders
Undercarriage protection
Suspension
Camper shell
Baja rack (in the garage, waiting for a shell)
ARB locker in rear. (Has the LSD so need a new third, we'll see how the LSD works)

Looks just like mine! Nice!

photoman

Explorer
Was hoping for lighting but had to settle for a shot of my lights.

i-pzZnGbQ-XL.jpg

photoman

Explorer
Do you have any problems with the reflection of your lights off the hood?

When I designed my rack I moved the lights out in front of the windshield and down to try and make sure the light didn't hit the dash. The light barely hits the edge of the dash at the windshield. They definitely light up the hood of the truck but it doesn't really bother me. Maybe that's because the truck or black and always dirty- I'm not sure. :sombrero:

Long term I plan to put a flat black wrap on the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78