TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

OndrejT100

Just joined this forum and this seemed a good thread to introduce myself. Some real good looking trucks in this thread. Been on Toyota Nation for the past year. Great forum, but this place seems oriented at the direction I want to take my truck.

I've had my T100 for a little over a year now. Great little truck that thinks it's a full size truck. I mostly use it for hauling my dirt bike, construction work, and some light off roading. Basically been doing regular maintenance, some new tires, shock, bearings, ball joints and such. The OEM bench seat was pretty terrible. Installed some bucket seats from a BMW 3 series (power and heated) then made a center console. Still a work in progress. Now trying to get it up to speed in the offroad/support rig department.

So far:
New BFG All Terrains 31"
TJM Front Bumper
Rocky Road Supersliders
Aisin Manual Hubs
BMW seats and custom center console
4Crawler Idler Arm Brass Bushings

Planned:
Skidplates
Air System (for dirt bike and "airing down" on the trail)
Rear Bumper (more clearance and air tank)

Here are some pics . . .
How she looked when I got her
IMG_8070.jpg

With the KTM, before the bumper, sliders and tires
P1030548.jpg

Snow Wheeling
P1040205.jpg

Homestake Reservoir, near Red Cliff, CO
P1040119.jpg

Skid Plates Needed
P1050039.jpg

Moab Camping, 2 weeks after I got her.
P1020828.jpg

Seats
P1040502.jpg

Center Console
P1040857.jpg

OndrejT100

The seats are from a 2004 BMW 3 series, sport seats. My friend tells me very similar to his M3 seats. From a european junkyard in Denver. Paid $300 for the pair.

P1030826.jpg

They don't fold forward since they came from a 4 door, so getting in the back is tough (usually don't carry more than 1 person)

Giant improvement over the OEM bench seat. The bench seat gave me back pain on a trip longer than 1hr, these things are a dream to sit it. Really improved the "feel" of the truck.

PoindexterS

The seats are from a 2004 BMW 3 series, sport seats. My friend tells me very similar to his M3 seats. From a european junkyard in Denver. Paid $300 for the pair.

P1030826.jpg

They don't fold forward since they came from a 4 door, so getting in the back is tough (usually don't carry more than 1 person)

Giant improvement over the OEM bench seat. The bench seat gave me back pain on a trip longer than 1hr, these things are a dream to sit it. Really improved the "feel" of the truck.

Wow! I like the seats. My T100 60/40 Split seat sucks, it is in perfect condition, just uncomfortable on long drives! I will have to start looking for some seats!

OndrejT100

yup, best and most used upgrade i've made to the truck. other than tires:)

they weren't too hard to install. couple brackets and little wiring. the power seat part was easy, self contained controls. the heated seat part is being a PITA. Can't get the BMW controller to communicate with the seats. Right now just running a simple ON/OFF switch. Need to find a better heated seat switch.

you can check out my build thread on Toyota Nation. . .

T100 Build Thread

Rossco

Hi. Really great forum you've got going here. First time poster. Just got my Tundra 2 weeks ago and it's still bone stock. May even keep it that way, I love it. A very different animal than my previous 4runners. I figure this thread is crying out for a First generation regular cab so this seems as good a place as any to make my first post.

Lady in the pic is not me, previous owner I guess.

Attachments

• tundra1.jpg
    tundra1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 47

Rossco

Well thanks. I do intend on at least a few mods in the future; tires and possibly exhaust (that V8 is begging to be heard) but I'd like to get a feel for how it performs stock first.

WASURF63

Adventurer
TBird 1, TBird 2 , Request Permission to Come Aboard !

I'm coming back to the Tundrabird stable if you'll have me ? :victory:

So the first (three) pics are of my 2000 Tundra AC 4WD (dubbed MaddMaxx by my crew at work) which recieved a mild lift, BFG AT's, a contractors canopy, bed rack, RTT, and a few other mods along the way. Some of you may have already seen the very few pics of this rig I've posted here in the past.
We took it on adventures to around 200k miles or so, before saying goodbye and picking up an '08 Tacoma DC SB 4WD once my daughter got older. The '00 was a great rig, but we really needed four doors.

Well, that rig got replaced by a '10 Tacoma DC LB 4WD / ATFP combo. A couple years heavy use in the soggy PacNW led us to believe there was a better solution to our travels and camping here........

> Liquidated the "whole" set-up and found a good 2005 Tundra DC 4WD (last three pics) for a pop-up camper platform.
It's definately a "white whale" when it comes to its turning radius, but a given name has yet to stick.

As $$$ allowed it first recieved Toytec/Bilstein 5100 coilovers up front, a diff drop, and cv boot mods.
Next, was the transfer of the old sliders from the '10 LB Tacoma. With some minor mods they were made to fit.
Some much needed new tires/rims were next, and the most recent addition is a custom Deaver 9-pack set, Timbrens, and 5100's in the rear.

This is all in preparation for our Phoenix Pop-Up camper to be aquired next month.
I'll post up some real time use/action photos in the "Pop-up Truck Campers" section once it's aboard. :smiley_drive:

Walt

Attachments

• MM100_0724.JPG
    MM100_0724.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 169
  • MM100_0733.JPG
    MM100_0733.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 175
  • MM100_0886.JPG
    MM100_0886.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 1TUNDRA 100_4848b.JPG