TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Falkon

Adventurer
Philbio, nice rig and welcome aboard. I'd like to get a camper for mine one day.

What brand is yours, how do you like it?

philbio75

I think it's a trail master?? It's actually off of an 01 T100. Found it on craigslist. It doesn't fit the cab angle perfectly but it's close enough for me.
I love having it. My kids and me are weekend campers and it's perfect for what we do.

philbio75

I think it's a trail master?? It's actually off of an 01 T100. Found it on craigslist. It doesn't fit the cab angle perfectly but it's close enough for me.
I love having it. My kids and me are weekend campers and it's perfect for what we do.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I really love your truck philbio. I have an '05 DC in the same color. I have been looking at used shells and would love to have one. How lifted is your truck? It looks very nice.

philbio75

It has a 2.5" leveling kit up front, 1" blocks in rear, 2.25" wheel spacers from spidertrax. Running 285/75/16 Performance extreme all terrain tires. Not many mods to list yet but I do have a long wish List.
I love the topper. I decided on finding a used one after priCing one at the local leer dealer. $1400. Ouch. I think I got $400. In mine after having it painted to match.

character zero

dangerfoot
It has a 2.5" leveling kit up front, 1" blocks in rear, 2.25" wheel spacers from spidertrax. Running 285/75/16 Performance extreme all terrain tires. Not many mods to list yet but I do have a long wish List.
I love the topper. I decided on finding a used one after priCing one at the local leer dealer. $1400. Ouch. I think I got $400. In mine after having it painted to match.

Philbio75, thanks for posting up! I took delivery of an 05 LTD DC 4x4 this past weekend with 37k on the odo - your truck is about the direction I'm headed.
And just like you and JCMatthews, I'm rocking the grey paint.

Mods coming include bilstiens (and diff drop/cv mod to go along with it), stereo install (ASAP - speakers are blown!), new wheels and camper shell. Truck has brand new tires and brakes, so I'll not be changing out rubber just yet (M&S rated 265 load E)

Mind sharing what the paint job on the shell cost you? i'm about to pick up a shell local to me that I'll have to have painted.
Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

philbio75

I paid a local paint/ body guy $200. To paint my shell. Paint alone was gonna cost me $100 so I guess that was a decent price. Good luck with your build.

Mallrat

Observer
With a small lift you can run 35's!!! Add a locker and some bumpers and you have a awesome truck! Seriously I have spent a lot of time in the new Tundra and did a ton of driving for Toyota and I can tell ya that this truck is one bad mother! 5.7 with tons of usable power,4.30 rear end, HUGE brakes, great turn radius for its size, Massive Ring and Pinion, Trans Cooler with Tow Package, 1,500 lbs of bed capacity weight, over 10,000 lbs of towing, 6 speed trans, nice big seats that fit the average to large american, Nice interior features. Honestly what more do you want. It's a truck that will do it all and gets better Gas Mileage than my 91 Cherokee. Drive it and enjoy that you have one of the best trucks ever made!

Cheers to this awesome, albeit dated, post!! I love my 07 and think there is just enough aftermarket support.. Just not a flooded market like a JK or Taco..

truck.jpgtruck2.jpg

Just finished adding at 10k winch and front bumper.. Just a stellar combo.. goes anywhere on 35s.. and didnt need regearing!

Lostmanifesto

Traveler
My 2005 Tundra is actually the truck I miss the most from the past 15 years of vehicles. Such a great truck. At least one of my good friends purchased it from me. This thread brings back memories!

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Mallrat, what bumper did you end up getting? There's quite a bit that I need to do to mine before i post it but its coming along. I'd like to see more 2nd gen Tundras on portal but the few that are here are all bada$$. I like the rack you have in the back...is that a custom build? What size lift are you running to fit those 35s...they look huge with room to spare. I'm thinking bilstein 5100s up front set midway running 275/70r18s.

Sorry for all the questions...nice truck!

Mallrat

Observer
Mallrat, what bumper did you end up getting? There's quite a bit that I need to do to mine before i post it but its coming along. I'd like to see more 2nd gen Tundras on portal but the few that are here are all bada$$. I like the rack you have in the back...is that a custom build? What size lift are you running to fit those 35s...they look huge with room to spare. I'm thinking bilstein 5100s up front set midway running 275/70r18s.

Sorry for all the questions...nice truck!

No biggie.. Im on the road right now so cant get any additional pics, but had the wife snap these for me really quick. And here's a quick run down of what I can remember...

image2.jpgimage.jpg

**edit: not sure why the pics uplodaed upside down.. Mod??**

- Pro Comp Stage 2 lift with upgraded Metal Mulisha coil overs (still shouldve probably just upgraded the kings/fox/icon) but Pro Comp cut me a heck of a deal on the new coil overs. Lift is set to lowest setting (just under 6")
- 18" Pro Comp Alloys with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
- Custom removable roof rack
- 46 gallon transfer flow expedition gas tank
- smittybilt front bumper w/10k synthetic line winch
- TireGate for the rear
- N-Fab steps
- Magnaflow dumped muffler (gets the pipes out of the way) / AFE intake
- Recon headlights/tail lights

Thanks for the compliments guys.. It's a fun truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger