TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Wildland

Another perfect day in the Colorado Rockies!

h7a6.jpg

huntsonora

Explorer
TundraBirds! I'm torn on tire size for my 06 DC and need opinions please!

If I go with the Cooper ST Maxx I am looking at either 255/85/16 or 265/85/16. I am not sure if I should go with the 285's as they are pretty heavy and I don't want to compromise MPG and power.

Thoughts?

I am also needing opinions on front shocks. I talked with Cristo at Slee Offroad and discussed his OME lift for 1st gen Tundras and he said that the OME shocks are better than the Bilsteins but I know a lot of guys here like the Bilsteins. I want to have a durable shock but don't want to compromise the quality of the ride too bad as this is my daily driver

Thanks fellas

motochain

Wanderer

If I go with the Cooper ST Maxx I am looking at either 255/85/16 or 265/85/16. I am not sure if I should go with the 285's as they are pretty heavy and I don't want to compromise MPG and power.

Thoughts?

I am also needing opinions on front shocks. I talked with Cristo at Slee Offroad and discussed his OME lift for 1st gen Tundras and he said that the OME shocks are better than the Bilsteins but I know a lot of guys here like the Bilsteins. I want to have a durable shock but don't want to compromise the quality of the ride too bad as this is my daily driver

Thanks fellas

I know it's all a matter of personal opinion. But, I love my 255/85's. I'm running King coils in the front and they seem perfect. I didn't realize how nice they were until I went down a really rough road with them and could tell the difference. I'm down in Montrose, CO a lot. You should go for a road trip sometime and take a look. :smiley_drive:

Post #304 is how mine looks with 255/85's.

huntsonora

Explorer
I know it's all a matter of personal opinion. But, I love my 255/85's. I'm running King coils in the front and they seem perfect. I didn't realize how nice they were until I went down a really rough road with them and could tell the difference. I'm down in Montrose, CO a lot. You should go for a road trip sometime and take a look. :smiley_drive:

Looks fantastic!

stclair

Adventurer

Well, I just put the ST Maxx in 285s on my 2002. The ride is growing on me. I can say a draw back for me was the fact that I couldn't use my set of stock Tundra 16x7 steelies, and had to go with a 16x8 wheel. I mainly went with the 285s because of load ratings per Cooper's site. Adding a FWC mid April. I will say, they look great. Not that it matters, but the size is a good fit for the Tundra IMO.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas
Love the ST Maxx 285s. They ride great, are quieter than my BFGs, and my mileage is still around 17 hwy. I don't really notice any difference accelerating or braking (If there is, it is very minor). Where I do notice a difference is in the appearance of the truck, and the added height when I am getting in, and going over obstacles on the trail. I mounted them on FJ Cruiser steelies. I have Bilstein 5100s up front, and they seem to work well off road and on, however I have nothing to compare them to. I put them on shortly after I bought my truck. I used an AAL in the rear, and I am quite happy with my set up. I have included a few shots for you to see how it all looks. You can see that they don't stick out past the flares even though I am using a 1.25 spacer up front

Attachments

• tundra rims 004.jpg
    tundra rims 004.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Tundra 002.jpg
    Tundra 002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 97
  • tundra rims 005.jpg
    tundra rims 005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
It's been awhile since I posted a picture but here's one of our truck Fafhrd cruising through the Adirondack mountains...

attachment.php

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
It's been awhile since I posted a picture but here's one of our truck Fafhrd cruising through the Adirondack mountains...

Nothing better than a 1st Gen DC Tundra with a 2-2.5 inch lift, ST Maxx Tires and black rims. Yours is looking great in its natural environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998