TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

FJR Colorado

Explorer
oa4yys.jpg

seanpistol

Explorer
For the sake of social and scientific research, let's compare CV angles and your suspension setup.

I have 14" King coils on Camburg/SAW coilovers, cranked to 1.5" of preload. I have nothing to compare to for height, since my truck has never been stock and I can't measure to my fenders since they're hacked... but- I have a 1" block in the rear and still have rake. So I'd guess I have about an inch, and no less than 2" of lift. I have a "diff drop", aka 1" spacer to rotate the front diff forward. With uniball upper arms, I have just less than 4" of droop and just less than 5" of uptravel.

Another member and myself were discussing droop, uptravel with CV angles, ride height, etc... Ideally, I'd like to have another two inches of lift, but at the sacrifice of droop when I'd prefer droop over uptravel?

So- anyone else care to compare? :)

Blender

Adventurer
Not exactly apples to apples, but i'll whip it out every chance I get :sombrero:

sXhr2lch.jpg

Dmb6LWF.jpg

I carefully drew a line above the CV shaft when the image was full size. Phone level says its ~8 degrees from horizontal without a diff drop. My travel measurements are taken from the top of the UCA's uniball bolt to the flat portion of the inner fender when I was measuring for the shocks: 7.0" up travel if I'm doing some thing stupid enough to fully compress the bumps. A little over 5.5" down travel.

Also, unrelated rear shackle picture because I didn't forget. I'm just lazy:
rjwHQbQl.jpg

seanpistol

Explorer
:drool:

Remind me what your rear setup is?

What backspacing are your wheels? Your tire is super close to the spindle!

Blender

Adventurer
:drool:

Remind me what your rear setup is?

What backspacing are your wheels? Your tire is super close to the spindle!

Stock replacement Deaver G57 10 pack, Icon 2.5" piggy backs w/ CDC adjuster. Pretty mild compared to the front.

FJC 17x7.5" steelies somewhere around 4.5 or 5" BS. I gotta keep it narrow.

What?!! Camburg LT uses a ball joint lower? Or am I missing something?!

Correct, it uses stock LBJ. LBJ binds last, but it is a weak point. Solo makes a gorgeous lower uniball LT kit, but requires their fabricated spindles

seanpistol

Explorer
Actually, no, I didn't know that. And thank you for making me go crawl under my truck!

My first thought was- what the hell is this guy talking about? He doesn't like that they're not steel braided? Or the routing of the stock line? I don't have enough droop to warrant extended lines, anyway.

Apparently while at full lock and slight compression, I smacked the brake line where it goes into the caliper against the lower perch on the coilover. It's leaking slowly.

On my way to pick up the hard line from the local dealer for $7.34

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Stock replacement Deaver G57 10 pack, Icon 2.5" piggy backs w/ CDC adjuster. Pretty mild compared to the front.

FJC 17x7.5" steelies somewhere around 4.5 or 5" BS. I gotta keep it narrow.

Correct, it uses stock LBJ. LBJ binds last, but it is a weak point. Solo makes a gorgeous lower uniball LT kit, but requires their fabricated spindles

I'm a fan of the factory LBJ. Uniballs die to easily in my neck of the woods with all the salt.

PuddleJumper

My 1996 T100. Nothing too fancy right now. 1.5in BJ lift front, 2in AAL rear. 255/75R17 BFG MT's on stock FJ Steelies, Home built rock sliders and winch mount/bumper. Smittybilt XRC 9.5 Gen2. ARE cap with entrance door on the rear. Plan is to outfit the rear with two sleeping platforms, dual battery setup, storage yada yada.. I also plan to one ton swap the truck. I have a Chevy D60 front out of a CUCV with limited slip and a rear D70 that will have some sort of locker in it. shooting to use military 37's.
how she sits now.
20151021_080359.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger