TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

PHeller

Adventurer
Those steelies sure look good. I assume they are 16's, but what offset?

I also dig the clean and subtle look of the bumper and sliders. Good opportunity with the crushed bed corner.

ToddIanuzzi

Thanks Rick & toykick! Rick you and seanpistol and others obviously inspired the bumper. Mine is slightly different. I had a local fab guy do it...he did a great job. The side pieces of 1.75" dom have braces that bolt to the frame rail. It's stout...you can drop the truck on them and they won't move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ToddIanuzzi

Those steelies sure look good. I assume they are 16's, but what offset?

They are factory first gen Tacoma steelies. 4.5" backspace I believe. I asked in the 'who runs factory steel wheels' thread and got confirmation they will fit. They fit just fine though for looks like could stick out another inch imo. No biggie tho.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
can you show some more pictures of it..i plan on doing something to this avail...sorta a cross between yours, and Addisons tundra....but ad a tad more flair...did you use the stock mounts going into the frame?

Thanks Rick & toykick! Rick you and seanpistol and others obviously inspired the bumper. Mine is slightly different. I had a local fab guy do it...he did a great job. The side pieces of 1.75" dom have braces that bolt to the frame rail. It's stout...you can drop the truck on them and they won't move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ToddIanuzzi

can you show some more pictures of it..i plan on doing something to this avail...sorta a cross between yours, and Addisons tundra....but ad a tad more flair...did you use the stock mounts going into the frame?

This is one of the only ones I have that show the mounts. Yeah, it's built on the stock mounts and the side braces bolt to the frame.

i-4gf7VTh-XL.jpg

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
This is one of the only ones I have that show the mounts. Yeah, it's built on the stock mounts and the side braces bolt to the frame.

i-4gf7VTh-XL.jpg

sweet thanks! i havent had a chance to look under the truck yet..but those brackets look easy enough to reuse for the bumper..esp since they look to be a good height.. the side bar into the frame is always a good idea...i was curious if it was doable...i don't think Addisons bumper had that... Thank you so much for the picture! I am trying to get everything to gether so i can get after it as soon as i get the LT for the front..

SWSteve

My 96 T100 Build

New here been into rock crawling my whole life growing up on the west coast. Time for a change. Looking to build this rig for streetable reliability but can still take on moderate trails. Goal is in 2 years have it ready for a cross country overland adventure. Here are some specs.

96 T100
Auto
Atlas2 3.8
D44 front 4.10 ( will have selectable locker)
Rears up front with YJ mid leaf
T100 Rear 4.10 (will have selectable as well)
63 chevy springs
35 BFG KM2 mud
15x10 bead locks. ( may go if I can't get them to balance)
Bobbed the bed 13 inches to shorten it up a bit. T100 J LO booty would drag everywhere as I am trying to keep this rig Low.

Here are some pics. Still have have a lot of work to do. I'll be working on it again in June when I come off the road. I'll start a build thread then. For now I'll be getting more ideas.

Attachments

• received_812010678946873.jpeg
    received_812010678946873.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 71
  • received_1491399539140.jpeg
    received_1491399539140.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 79
  • received_1491398895649.jpeg
    received_1491398895649.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 78

Forum statistics

Threads