Turtleback Trailer Build

Luke111

Observer
Looking at the "U" bolts that have threads sticking out from the nuts on the outside of the plate, I think you may want to make a different bracket and not have them sticking out... looks like shoulder or head height that will result in a cut or puncher wound to someone... not fun... bleeding on a trip is never fun.

Thanks, the plan is to cut them flush

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzrtdave

Supporting Sponsor: Turtleback Trailers
Actually we are way ahead of you. We already did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke111

Observer
Hooked up and on the road home to Va......and a send off picture of the mastermind ... Dave and build manager/welder/fabricator Justin
ybunyma2.jpg
y4eta2e5.jpg
y8a5a3aj.jpg
py7ujava.jpg
4u2anu3y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caslim

Observer
You will absolutely love the trailer Luke! I like to call it the swiss army knife of adventure trailers.

IMG_20140126_144623266.jpg

Luke111

Observer
Getting it wrapped up .... Airtop mounted and I pickup a right side Foxwing ... I'm running a left side on my 80 and I also have an ARB awning mounted on the right side of the truck
pe4a9uje.jpg
aruveha2.jpg
y6e4abut.jpg
2u8u3ady.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luke111

Observer
Looks great!! What the the actuators and where did you get them? Love the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Dave, of Turtleback had designed a mount for awnings that you manually push up and lock into place. I asked him to design a mount and use actuators..which lift the awning with a remote fob.. I originally did a Goggle search for them... in the end Dave ordered from his source...I'm not sure I answered the first part of your question. Below is a link to the video

Lou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhoiL7K0KN0

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
Lots of cool features on that guy! To be honest what blew me away the most was the turtle tread decal across the forward box...pretty legit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger