tweaked a-frame/tongue on M416

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
So last weekend we took our M416 out on its maiden voyage. It worked freaking great. Couldn't be happier with its performance outside of the smoothie it made out of our cooler, that was mostly my fault for putting the cooler in the wrong spot and really pushing the trailer.

Anyways, towards the end of our trip the receiver pin managed to lose its little clip, and the pin worked its way out of the hole, and the trailer nose dived while I was going along at a pretty good clip on the trail. It looked like the lunette bounced off a couple rocks. I didn't notice it till well after we got home, but the lunette is off to the passenger side maybe an inch now. The c-channel bent right where the smaller bolts hold the lunette/landing leg assy to the tongue.

I took the lunette/landing leg off and tried to heat up the c-channel and bend it back, no dice.

I don't think it will cause any major issues, since I pulled it home 75-100 miles after it bent, I'm not too worried about it. I do want to weld some angle iron on there though to reinforce it a bit, probably on the bottom.

Anybody think this is a big enough deal to really worry about it? We leave for 450-500 mile trip next weekend, where 250-300 of it will be off-road. We've got a lot to do before then, just trying to prioritize.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12