Two KLR's, which to buy

purdueXJ

Observer
I'm going to go look at it this week, so any tips for what to look at would be appreciated.
bike 3.jpg
IMG_4889.jpg

Attachments

• klr.jpg
    klr.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
It's a Battery Tender plug in for charging the battery. Also used to power some accessories like heated clothing.

That's a good sign; hopefully it was plugged in during the winter. Both bikes I bought needed a new battery because of that.

purdueXJ

Observer
I was ready to buy today, went down and ride it and kinda scared my self so I chickened out. Now I'm thinking I need to start it with a smaller bike.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Wise choice!:wings:

If you have any doubts it's best to seek a path of more education and training first. (Or at least more practice on a smaller bike) If you felt the KLR was too big it's best to find something smaller to use for the time being. There is TONS of fun to be had on smaller bikes. Don't let anyone convince you any different.

KLRs will always be around later!:bike_rider:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
There is TONS of fun to be had on smaller bikes.

Very true - as long as you don't intend on spending a lot of time at higher speeds (IE: long rides down the freeway).

For banging around the back roads and general exploring, the little bikes are *the* way to go.

purdueXJ

Observer
I found a shadow 600 for cheap and bought that to learn on, it's nice and under powered. I really regret not getting a KLR, or some other dual sport, but I think this is for the better right now. I'm hoping to get enough riding time on it this season so that I feel comfortable getting something else this next spring.

Cody1771

Explorer
not a bad idea, the shadow's are nice bikes and you will be able to sell it for what you paid for it most likely, so no loss. no need to regret, lots around to look at later,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger