Two weekends at Vermilion Cliffs

AZCPP

Adventurer
I have spent the last two weekends on the Utah/Arizona border at Vermilion Cliffs National Monument. The first weekend was with the High School "Outdoor Club", the second weekend was with my wife and two dogs. Both weekend I hiked the Wire Pass Trail located on House Rock Rd. This is a slot canyon of soft sandstone similar to the more famous "Antalope Canyon". The first weekend was a little warmer and there were several water hole we had to wade through with the first and subsecently the last being very mucky! Last weekend most of the water and muck was gone. We camped both weekends at the little campground at the trailhead for the Arizona Trail just over a mile from Wire Pass. It only has four site's, two with canopies and tables, two without, and a vault toilet. It is a great spot to camp! Last weekend we made the loop around the "Cliffs" traveling back through Marble Canyon and crossing at Navajo Bridge. we also stopped at Horseshoe Bend for a few photo's.
Here are a few from last weekend.

Vermilion Cliffs

Campsite

In the canyon

Horseshoe Bend (my camera doesn't have a wide angle lens)

This beauty was at the Wire Pass trailhead and at the campground. I want one!!!

From Navajo Bridge

AZCPP

Adventurer
Sorry, some of the photo's seem a little blurred for some reason. It must be something with photobucket, I need to find a new host I guess.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
AZCPP said:
Sorry, some of the photo's seem a little blurred for some reason. It must be something with photobucket, I need to find a new host I guess.

The look fine when you click them. If you paste in the link, the images will be larger.

Nice shots, BTW.

RedDog

Explorer
I motorcycled all around there 27 years ago in 1980. I've blasted through a couple times in cars since but it's not the same. I really need to get the Jeep down there.

Thanks so much for the memories. Much appreciated.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Thanks Guys!

Here are a few more.

The family at Horseshoe.
PC070014.jpg

In the canyon.
PC080020.jpg

Cliffs. (I like the way the depth shows in this one.)
PC080045.jpg

woodwizard

Observer
Did you hike the Wave

From the Wire Pass parking lot did you hike the Wave? I don't believe there is any mention of it at the trail head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan