TwoTrack's 05 Tundra

MobTuff

Observer
I have them set to the default 0 degrees ball joint setting / +2.0 degrees caster. Not sure exactly how much lift I have as I adjusted the coil over until the truck sat at a height that looked good to me.

I took some pics of it in the driveway for you. I also have an add a leaf in the back but also have equipment, lumber rack, ladders and shell. Not sure how much weight that all adds.

95FxkTN.jpg

Tf6xmcm.jpg

XqFFVKZ.jpg

QWnp6IT.jpg

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Truck looks good, where do you preset the camber setting in the slot? Farthest out, in, somewhere in the middle?

seanson

the settings depends on what type of suspension setup/mods you have done. for instance, a coil lift vs a spacer lift or different shocks etc. mine are set to plus 3.75 caster with the camber at max negative (top of wheel pushed in as far as possible).

the arms are the rough tune to get you close and the oem adjustments are used to dial it in.

i just did some lca bushings and my settings are way different than they were before to get a similar/same spec.

hope that helps...

seanson

the main point of these arms (on top of all the nice extras) are to get your alignment BACK to FACTORY spec. after a lift is added; as caster/camber is usually lost.
so shoot for oem alignment specs and you should be good to go...

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
That helps a lot, I don't want to make it any harder on the alignment guys. I'm shooting for about 1.5" of lift and want max caster. I would have thought that you'd want to push the camber setting out more towards the wheel.

AaronK

Explorer
Nice! You'll be in my neck of the woods! We need some more tundras here

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Nice! You'll be in my neck of the woods! We need some more tundras here

We're coming up next week to scope out some areas. My parents live in Granite Falls but I'd like to live closer to Seattle as that's where I'm most likely to find work.

AaronK

Explorer
I'm a bit south of there near Tacoma. There's a fantastic adventuring community here called Northwest Overland. Tons of organized trips all year long.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I'm a bit south of there near Tacoma. There's a fantastic adventuring community here called Northwest Overland. Tons of organized trips all year long.

I'll have to check it out. There seem to be a lot of nice homes in Tacoma and the commute doesn't seem bad. Tacoma seems to get mixed reviews as far as living there. Its definitely somewhere we plan to check out but would prefer to stay north of Seattle and closer to family.

Last edited:

AaronK

Explorer
The actual city of Tacoma isn't great living in my opinion. Some of the smaller surrounding towns are very nice. I'd either go south by me or well North of Seattle so that you're either in pierce or Snohomish counties. King county is expensive for property taxes.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
The actual city of Tacoma isn't great living in my opinion. Some of the smaller surrounding towns are very nice. I'd either go south by me or well North of Seattle so that you're either in pierce or Snohomish counties. King county is expensive for property taxes.

Thanks, thats some solid info. NWOL looks like a good group of people too.

seanpistol

Explorer
I had a buddy that lived there and his car or house was broken into every few months. It seemed excessive. That being said, I've never been there and there are always bad neighborhoods in every town.

Better get your spey cast down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger