TwoZone Wireless Thermometer

Bergger

Explorer
So has anyone actually used one of these? If so what is your impression. I would like to use it in my Waeco CF-50. The Waeco is mounted in the box of the Chaser AT and I'd like to put the monitor in the nose box. Do you think it will transmit acurately through all that sheet metal?

tl2030.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Works great.:punk03: I have been running this for about a year now. I use it in my 85qt Waeco which is installed in the gull wing box on my King Kamper. The wireless remote transmits perfectly into my truck. When I'm driving, I can see the temp in the fridge as well as the temp inside the box to be sure it's not getting too hot. Great for piece of mind.

The only problem I had was because I was running the remote sensor wire under my lid. The repeated closing of the lid on the wire damage the wire. The good folks at Sierra Expeditions replaced it under warranty for me.:wings:

For the new unit, I drilled a hole through the Waeco body about 2" down from the top, ran the sensor wire through the hole and then resealed with silicon. No more problems and I highly recommend this thermometer.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
BTW, it displays the temps in Centigrade if you have the time set to a 12 hour read out. If you change the time display to 24 hours, the temps are displayed in Fahrenheit.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Tucson T4R said:
BTW, it displays the temps in Centigrade if you have the time set to a 12 hour read out. If you change the time display to 24 hours, the temps are displayed in Fahrenheit.

True for the receiver. The transmitter will always/only display in centigrade.

Clark White

Explorer
Speaking of such things, does anyone know where I could get an old school wired two zone thermometer? I want one in the cab of my truck so I know cab temp and exterior temp, and I'm concerned that the wireless sensor will get ruined being outside my truck fully exposed to the elements. I've seen some old school ones that used a long wire lead that you could run through your firewall for exterior temp.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Mlachica said:
True for the receiver. The transmitter will always/only display in centigrade.

Good point. I never notice that since it's mounted on the outside of mt fridge in the storage box.

Bergger

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
The only problem I had was because I was running the remote sensor wire under my lid. The repeated closing of the lid on the wire damage the wire. The good folks at Sierra Expeditions replaced it under warranty for me.:wings:

For the new unit, I drilled a hole through the Waeco body about 2" down from the top, ran the sensor wire through the hole and then resealed with silicon. No more problems and I highly recommend this thermometer.

I thought it was totally wireless. So I guess you still have the wired sensor probe thingy in the fridge which is then connected via wire to the wireless transmiter? This then transmits wireless to the other display?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Bergger said:
I thought it was totally wireless. So I guess you still have the wired sensor probe thingy in the fridge which is then connected via wire to the wireless transmiter? This then transmits wireless to the other display?

Correct. The transmitter senses its own temp where it is installed. It has a wired remote sensor that you run inside your fridge to report that temp. Then, from the transmitter, both temps are transmitted to the receiver which can be anywhere within 100ft. It easily transmits thru sheet metal into your vehicle.

Bergger

Explorer
articulate said:
Frankly, I tossed the entire transmitter contraption inside the fridge and didn't screw around with drilling a hole or running the wire out of the fridge. The engel resides in the bed of the truck, too. Transmits and receives fine.

An you've had no issues with the transmitter portion being in the fridge? I'd think the cold would affect the batteries and function of it.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Bergger said:
An you've had no issues with the transmitter portion being in the fridge? I'd think the cold would affect the batteries and function of it.

No, if you’re a wimpy dude like Mark, you avoid the challenge and throw everything inside the fridge. :elkgrin:

If you choose to take that path you could position the transmitter high in the fridge and the remote sensor low. That way, you could get the range of temps inside the fridge reported. If the transmitter is in the fridge then you should use lithium batteries so they can handle the cold temps.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Tucson T4R said:

Brad, were you worried about hitting one of the freon lines and blowing the system when you drilled?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Ursidae69 said:
Brad, were you worried about hitting one of the freon lines and blowing the system when you drilled?

Yep. :yikes: I just took a risk and drilled high in the case. There was nothing but foam up there. It wasn't knowledge though...just luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears