UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
That looks pretty nice! Still tryin to decide on flooring hate to have the floor clash with the alder wood I am going to use. Soo many decisions

laketrash

Not matching was my concern too, but it was free from a friend that replaced their flooring with tile. For free, it was close enough for me. :)

For what it's worth, other than to check on it, I haven't seen it again since I put the mattress in place.

There are a lot of decisions, we changed a ton throughout the build, used the generic benroy plans as a guide but modified a lot. I'm now in the process of looking for a better base trailer that will get a wider axle and new tires, trying to decide between buying or building.

silvrzuki77

explorer
When i typed in laminate floors on tnttt a couple of days ago your build popped up. Lol. I am more worried about it seeing it in the galley area even though you wont see much of it

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Are you planning on putting shock absorbers on it? Only reason I ask is because our TD bounces around something awful on anything other than smooth roads. Since ours is all-wood I am worried about the joints between the sides and the top, that's one reason I don't take our TD off road (besides that, when I'm on an extended off-road trip I'm by myself and the TD isn't needed.)

gadcustoms

When I did my build I just used the 12x12 peel and stick linoleum squares. Worked great really easy and was able to wait till pretty much the very end to do it so I wouldn't have to worry about messing up my finished floor.

Attachments

• Rig and Trailer.jpg
    Rig and Trailer.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 212

silvrzuki77

explorer
Nice setup!!! Is there a build on it? Nice h3 also.
I picked up some nuce laminate today at the HD that was over stock that is suppose to be scratch resistent for 16 bucks a box. Ill get a pic soon had to go take care of my 1 yr old soo didnt get to finish.

gadcustoms

Thanks. No Build on it, unfortunately I had no idea about this website when I built it last year so I had no reason to photograph the build process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger