UJOR Build Thread

rebar

Adventurer
The Cummins van build has been called off due to some timing so we're liquifying the entire build. I'll be selling everything from it, including this SMB pop top that was installed in 2011. PM me for details!

View attachment 174663
(its very dusty!)

How about the 4x4 nv4500? My NV trade fell through and Im still hunting for the running gear.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Heh...not to hijack..but yeah, that's actually my rig. Armored. PM if interested.

Extremely cool rig, an armored van is on my bucket build list!!!!!! But, I try to stay far away from anything touched by CCV.

How about the 4x4 nv4500? My NV trade fell through and Im still hunting for the running gear.

We have the 4R75 for the Cummins. No 4500....

desertspeed

Adventurer
Fuel Tank Coating?

Chris-

I just shortened my fuel tank and am getting it welded up this week. What are your thoughts on any sort of coating for the inside to prevent rust? It is for a gas van.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Finally had time to clean up V5 and get new pics for the site. Upgrades are done for now, extremely satisfied with everything and how its working for the family. So here are the pics and some details. V5 was a rental van, these things can be picked up cheap, great bang for the buck.

Tried to keep everything light & simple with this van. Quiet too, so we changed the exhaust back to stock and went to an AT tire. Love these Toyo AT2's. Had some Pro Comp wheels left over from another build, so on they went. For the front bumper we kept it simple & light. Aluminum, 25lbs, doesn't get much better than that! With these new front ends its hard to make a decent looking bumper. Think we blended the blockyness pretty well with the tube work. Mounted some Rigid Lights too.

944567_631017636917468_383457865_n.jpg

Out back, simple too. Powder coated the stock rear bumper and added the Aluminess spare tire holder.

534850_631017910250774_2033474323_n.jpg

AMP steps on the P side to help the vertically challenged.

59987_631018036917428_113061274_n.jpg

Sienna seats in the middle row, pictures don't do them justice. Everyone loves them! I took a rear bench from a junked van, had it re stuffed and covered to match the middle row.

1006031_631018406917391_521515059_n.jpg

Keeping it light & simple in the back too. This "box" acts as the seat mount up front, storage underneath, and holds the fridge.

993940_631018263584072_471896818_n.jpg

For now I'll be leaving V5 alone. Have some ideas for the front grille & headlights, may play with that in the next few months. Now I'm back to V4 and its new interior.

Toolman

Explorer
It has been stated that there will be a "game changer" in the van world.... that could mean so many things.
Are hydraulics involved ?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Still dealing with incorrect/mis boxed front axle parts for the AdVanture van so we're finishing up everything else while we wait. Airbag plumbing, OBA switches, exhaust, etc. If we ever get the right parts we'll be on the ground Wednesday.....

On the other rack, we started the 2013 V10 van. We've already drilled the spring hangers so lots of progress was made today. I know why some companies only work on new stuff! It's pretty nice :)

998362_631472673538631_2136719061_n.jpg

Spring hangers installed, shackle sleeves & engine crossmember cut as well as the drivers side coil bucket. Flares are on, ready to install the axle before lunch tomorrow! We're also using this van for my new print instructions, looking forward to finishing them.

603038_631602680192297_531525461_n.jpg

ben2go

Adventurer
Hey Chris.I saw a gray 4x4 church van over on hwy 191.It was the newer long nose passenger van like you are working on.Did you do that conversion.It looked like it was on 33 to 35 inch tires.I couldn't see it good through traffic at 191 and 280 intersection.I just saw a big axle in the front and a mild lift with bigger than stock tires.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Chris.I saw a gray 4x4 church van over on hwy 191.It was the newer long nose passenger van like you are working on.Did you do that conversion.It looked like it was on 33 to 35 inch tires.I couldn't see it good through traffic at 191 and 280 intersection.I just saw a big axle in the front and a mild lift with bigger than stock tires.

Maybe.... Who knows! I was out that way Friday in V5, may have been me.

Family-van

Thanks for the update on V5. Could we get a little better picture of the front bumper? Looks pretty cool but it is kind of in a shadow. Thanks. Want to be able to give its full ooh and awe session it deserves.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
[QUOTE But, I try to stay far away from anything touched by CCV..[/QUOTE]

Why is that? Looks like all CCV did on that rig was the top...

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Cuz of this kinda stuff. I think it should be obvious to anyone who has spent time on this forum that Chris has very high expectations for both his work, as well as, others in his line of work. He has made it clear in the past that he will not work with vendors that cannot hold up their end of the bargain, or do not provide the level of customer support we have come to expect from UJOR.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the update on V5. Could we get a little better picture of the front bumper? Looks pretty cool but it is kind of in a shadow. Thanks. Want to be able to give its full ooh and awe session it deserves.

1044863_615746211777944_1095673602_n.jpg

[QUOTE But, I try to stay far away from anything touched by CCV..

[/QUOTE]

Brad sums it up pretty well in his response!

Cuz of this kinda stuff. I think it should be obvious to anyone who has spent time on this forum that Chris has very high expectations for both his work, as well as, others in his line of work. He has made it clear in the past that he will not work with vendors that cannot hold up their end of the bargain, or do not provide the level of customer support we have come to expect from UJOR.

Thanks for hunting that down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179