UJOR Build Thread

RickM

Observer
Can I ask a really stupid question? I really want to do this conversion, but I really hate to loose my fuel cell size. I am guessing I could buy a new fuel cell but is there any possible way to do this conversion without loosing my gallon capacity.

I almost pulled the trigger on an f250 axle locally to start this but this issue has me waiting to commit.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I was worried about a smaller fuel tank too, but with a 7.3L diesel I still get 320+ miles out of a 25 gal tank.

If that bothers you, Chris sells a 35.5 gal aluminum tank that bolts in. That'll give you even more capacity than stock.

skibum315

Explorer
If you can figure out a way to improve the front-end looks on the Nissan, as a part of your conversion investigations (reduce the bulbous-snout look), I may have a hard time keeping my wallet closed.

e350vegas

Observer
Another one touches down! 2014 E350 5.4, 6" on 35's.

11923213_1038528099499751_1168614787976065393_n.jpg

That looks really familiar.....

devo 1

Adventurer
I was worried about a smaller fuel tank too, but with a 7.3L diesel I still get 320+ miles out of a 25 gal tank.

If that bothers you, Chris sells a 35.5 gal aluminum tank that bolts in. That'll give you even more capacity than stock.
After I shortened my tank, I was able to get 33 gallons in it.

skibum315

Explorer
^^^ I'm pretty sure that guy's on the ExPo Forum ... I've seen him post over in the Nissan section.

Here's one of the Quigley 4x4 NVs, in a low-roof passenger configuration:
quigley_nissan4.jpg

I much prefer the low-roof to the high-roof, in looks, but either way wish it had a bit more cabover presence to it.

Edit: Yup, found it, here's the thread on that silver NV above - http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/135865-Nissan-NV-4x4-van ... looks like the camper (and 4x4?) conversion was done by Outside Van. Also - apologies to Chris for the derailment on the NV topic. Should this discussion get moved to another thread?

Last edited:

landyachtcaptn

Observer
I've seen 2 by advance and one quigley in person, they looked alright but were too close to stock clearance for my taste. I can't wait to see one Ujoint style on 35-37's with 6"+ lift!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78