UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Or not, which is really what I was after. Not sure I like the thought of an aluminum pan hanging down too low but it appears that it doesn't. I know SMB put skid plates on for some folks. Thanks again and back to your regular programming:)

Yea it doesn't sick down too far even though the pan is huge! If you're worried about damaging it there will be other things to worry about because you have that van somewhere it probably shouldn't be!

Dang y'all work magic

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

This may be covered somewhere else in the 457 pages :Wow1: but what kind of castor angle are you welding up the spring perches for? And what does the relationship between the pinion and the driveline look like with a 6" lift and CV driveshaft?

I know it's mostly irrelevant with the hubs unlocked, or with hubs locked but the front axle not being driven. But I'm curious still. I would assume this would be the main reason to choose a pro rock 60 (custom setup pinion/castor angles) for a van vs a standard Dana 60. All else being equal, do you have a rough idea what the price difference is starting with a custom pro rock 60 housing vs a used 60 housing?

We don't change the front axle at all since all of our stuff is based to work around the 99-04 axle. I'll have to pull the spec sheet but the ProRock that we just installed has 5.5+ castor with an 8 degree pinion rotation. Using the Pro Rock adds a few thousand over our Stage2 with RSC upgrade and we also have to make all new u-bolt plates and trac bar mounts, different sway bar, etc. Much more work than our over the counter parts.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
A pallet of sweet stuff!

12670273_1124151674270726_624773181742076284_n.jpg

151fab

Observer
Cool, I have the OX locker on my front (6" Ujoint on 6.0L xl)! Did they stick with the cable or go all techy with air or electric activation?

I'll add the rear OX later, stock f350 limited slip suits my purposes for now but I'm itching to add another cool mechanical lever to the cab!!! Probably would help mpg a bit too with a completely open rear, maybe enough to by a postage stamp every 100miles.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Cool, I have the OX locker on my front (6" Ujoint on 6.0L xl)! Did they stick with the cable or go all techy with air or electric activation?

I'll add the rear OX later, stock f350 limited slip suits my purposes for now but I'm itching to add another cool mechanical lever to the cab!!! Probably would help mpg a bit too with a completely open rear, maybe enough to by a postage stamp every 100miles.

These will be cable actuated, nice pieces!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Yea it doesn't sick down too far even though the pan is huge! If you're worried about damaging it there will be other things to worry about because you have that van somewhere it probably shouldn't be!

Thanks!

We don't change the front axle at all since all of our stuff is based to work around the 99-04 axle. I'll have to pull the spec sheet but the ProRock that we just installed has 5.5+ castor with an 8 degree pinion rotation. Using the Pro Rock adds a few thousand over our Stage2 with RSC upgrade and we also have to make all new u-bolt plates and trac bar mounts, different sway bar, etc. Much more work than our over the counter parts.

Fair enough, doesn't sounds worth it to me in this application.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Nice 08 6.0 arrived today. Big transformation is planned! Then its headed to SMB TX for them to work their magic.

12662631_1124646637554563_9168247376218036932_n.jpg

Customer installed kit in OR from a few years ago, just got some pics today. Nice rig!

12698626_1124907034195190_4858857797669252968_o.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Bigger is always better. Our standard axle (and all of the 99-04s used with our DIY kits) are stock diameter, 12.5 off the top of my head. Haven't measured in a while.

Our RSC upgrade parts have a 14.5" rotor from the 450s & 550's. They're part of a complete axle upgrade from us. adding the RSC upgrade doesn't add the electronics, just the hard parts. More pics & details on my website.

We also offer brake upgrades from SSBC, rotors and 8 piston calipers. These parts can be put on any 99-04 axle with stock rotors and 16"/up wheels.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Bigger is always better. Our standard axle (and all of the 99-04s used with our DIY kits) are stock diameter, 12.5 off the top of my head. Haven't measured in a while.

Our RSC upgrade parts have a 14.5" rotor from the 450s & 550's. They're part of a complete axle upgrade from us. adding the RSC upgrade doesn't add the electronics, just the hard parts. More pics & details on my website.

We also offer brake upgrades from SSBC, rotors and 8 piston calipers. These parts can be put on any 99-04 axle with stock rotors and 16"/up wheels.

Yeah, somewhere around 12.6-13"(I'll measure for certain when they come off for the SSBC's soon). Not large enough for a 3ton rig IMHO, even if the rotors are 1.5" thick.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
so I should be ok getting 14" rotors from the parts store or should I stick with stock? I'm running 16" wheels. thanks!

From what I know you can't upgrade to 14" from 13" if you currently have 13". Knuckles and such are different and non-interchangeable. IIRC Chris and MG already looking into swapping to 14" parts and it's a no go. :(

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Correct. You can't run the 14.5's unless you have a 450 or 550 axle. Knuckles are different.

Or, if you have our RSC upgrade that comes with new Dynatrac knuckles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle